Jackknifes tales as an audio book?

Justin Pospesel

Gold Member
I'm sure many of us are very familiar with the famed tales of jackknife as he takes us through his various adventures over the years and I being someone who does a lot of audiobooks because I can listen to them while I work. Sit back and think how nice it would be to have all of those stories in another form of media that can be accessed whenever paperback audiobook something like that. I wonder if it would even be possible to engage the entire community to do so. What are your thoughts? Would you like a jackknife tales hardcover book or audiobook?

Those stories are what got me to join bladeforums in the first place. I'd definitely like a published paperback or hardcover book, but looking at the threads I think people have been asking for that for a long time :)

Those stories are what got me to join bladeforums in the first place. I'd definitely like a published paperback or hardcover book, but looking at the threads I think people have been asking for that for a long time :)
Maybe we can make it a community effort to make it work out. We all contribute to recording stories and compiling it

Would certainly love to get the thoughts of such a masterful story teller!

To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I originally did those stories on kind of a spur of the moment just for the guys on "The Porch", but I've thought about publishing. Problem is, I don't have the faintest idea how to go about it. I'm not even sure I can, since the stories were released on basically a public media like bladeforums, is it at this point public domain? I have no copyrights on them, and I don't know how the copyright laws work. Yes, I can prove the stories are mine as some of the people are still alive. But how that works I have no idea.

I've taken a break from writing for a while, as my passion for knife thing has faded a bit with age, but I've actually got more floating around in what is the rest of what's left of my mind. I feel like I'm on the brink of posting some more stories, fiction of course, with knives as the theme of the thing.

I'll think about it some.

Interesting idea, I'm sure it would find a place pretty easy in the book/audio world.
maybe get someone like Sam Elliot to do the reading? ;)
G2

To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I originally did those stories on kind of a spur of the moment just for the guys on "The Porch", but I've thought about publishing. Problem is, I don't have the faintest idea how to go about it. I'm not even sure I can, since the stories were released on basically a public media like bladeforums, is it at this point public domain? I have no copyrights on them, and I don't know how the copyright laws work. Yes, I can prove the stories are mine as some of the people are still alive. But how that works I have no idea.

I've taken a break from writing for a while, as my passion for knife thing has faded a bit with age, but I've actually got more floating around in what is the rest of what's left of my mind. I feel like I'm on the brink of posting some more stories, fiction of course, with knives as the theme of the thing.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing any more stories that you're right. If you would like to be serious about the publishing of your work then let me know and I can try to look into it for you. I'd be more than happy to do so as I also am trying to write a book. Also, on a side note, keep an eye on your mailbox tomorrow

Those tales have helped me through some rough patches. I re-read one every week. There are good short stories but these are great short stories full of lessons. I'd prefer a book version with black and white illustrations. That would be a great book to have in schools!

Those tales have helped me through some rough patches. I re-read one every week. There are good short stories but these are great short stories full of lessons. I'd prefer a book version with black and white illustrations. That would be a great book to have in schools!
I was feeling the same way they have also helped me through some pretty trying times and the things to have them put into a book that dedicated raiders can own them and see would be very important

Maybe just fire up a pipe and read 'em on camera, then post to YouTube.

Maybe just fire up a pipe and read 'em on camera, then post to YouTube.
I cannot like this suggestion enough. Pipe and all. Could be a weekly YouTube series. Lol. There are some interesting pipe smokers on YouTube, who tell stories from time to time. Impart words of wisdom. Jackknife would fit right in there and certainly be at the very top of my list.

Happy to pitch in and supply the tobacco :)

He can do it for free via ACX.

You are given multiple options. First, publish the book on Kindle, then:

1. Narrate the book yourself (huge PITA)
2. Hire a narrator for a set fee
3. Hire a narrator for a 50/50 split of any royalties (not very much, generally)
4. Use Amazon's new AI service to narrate the book.

I have over a dozen audiobooks on ACX, a few were paid, most were a 50/50 split.

Back