JSP Bladerigger Koppo Stick

I just wanted to post how pleased I am with the JSP Bladerigger Koppo Stick that I received from James a few weeks ago. At first it seems like a lot of money for something that appears so simple, but the workmanship is beyond anything I could do myself. The edges are perfectly chamfered and the counterbored holes for the paracord knots are smoothly radiused. The cobalt blue anodized finish is uniform and perfect for a low-profile appearance.

I highly recommend James' work, and would not hesitate to order from him again.

At first it does seem like alot of money for a piece of Ti, but I sure thought it was worth it as well. I'm actually thinking about getting another one with both ends being double tapered. James' work is second to none.

If you haven't already, check out www.drearic.com for some cool stuff on the Koppo. Don's the man that got me into these.

I also agree. The fit and feel of this koppo stick is the best. Voodoo Child could you post some pictures of the double taper when you get it? I have been considering the same option. Did James give you a price on this option? I also have some of his pocket sticks in rattan with rigger coat. Once again the same high quality you can expect.

Sure cpk. I'll have to make the order in around a month max. James gave me a price of 129.95 for the koppo with both ends being double tapered and a hole for the keyring.

At first I didn't want a keyring, but I realized that for what I want it to do a keyring is the best choice.

Thanks for the info Vodoo Child. I guess it is best to have a quality key chain and weapon in one awesome package. I am thinking of using my standard one for training and the double tapered for carry. Do you have any of James titanium sticks ? If so, which do you have ? I am also considering ordering one of these. I read in a past post someone had one that was a koppo/banbog, this sounds kind of interesting. I would appreciate anybody's comments on this. Thank once again.

cpk

I was able to get one of the first Rearic inspired koppo/keychains available. I also have an Associate harness that I use to carry the bigger blades.

The draw is very quick with the koppo/keychain because you can carry it with the keys hanging out. Just pull up, possibly use it as a flail, then slip it on and rock and roll. Sometimes I walk around with the koppo on already, hand in pocket.

With the double tapered koppo I plan on attaching a medallion (www.phantomknives.com) and carrying it the same way I do the regular koppo/keychain except with the medallion replacing the keys. It's gonna be my ultra light (for the times it's absolutely necessary to travel light) EDC.

That look like it will be an interesting combo. What type of mechanism does the medallion use? I see that the main distributors are in Kalifonria, however autos 2" and over are illegal. Thats ok, they do allow you to carry any size folder you want. Also fixed blade laws aren't to bad in some jurisdictions.

cpk

This is how a Phantom Knives rep explained it to me:

"Basically, when you pull down on the handle the blade is pulled out of the handle and locked into position. Then the tip of the key is inserted in a slot in the back of the blade and the lockis released, allowing you to put the blade backinto the handle. It works like a liner lock without and buttons."

i was more of a banbog stick kind of guy until james told me how much i would enjoy a kappo. this is james we're talking about, i can't say no to a guy like him. the second i slipped that puppy over my fingers, it was LOVE. i now have two, one for casual one for dress attire (just kidding). i really do have two of them, they are too much fun. i find that it's relaxing to just loop my middle finger through and spin it around and practice grabbing it in different positions. a must have for anyone with hands!

E...

Originally posted by VOODOO CHILD
Sure cpk. I'll have to make the order in around a month max. James gave me a price of 129.95 for the koppo with both ends being double tapered and a hole for the keyring.

At first I didn't want a keyring, but I realized that for what I want it to do a keyring is the best choice.

wow $129.95 just for double tapering?:eek:

i hope the prices came down a bit since you ordered yours.

Dustinarai

Actually James did suggest a more cost efficient option which I declined. I did spend a lot more than 129.99 though. I figured since I was placing an order I might as well get an Omega wallet/knife. Right now I'm dealing with the hardest part though...waiting.

I really doubt that James will lower the price on the Koppo. I don't know why he should either. To tell ya the truth I think it's the first one made in this style (although I can't say for sure). Therefore this is not a regular process for him.

Voodoo Child
I recently received a omega wallet,checkbook,knife. These are really stealth items :D

im ok for right now, i just got one of those knurled ice pick/push spike/fist load things that don rearic has on his site.

btw a really cool toy

CPK

Thanks for rubbing it in ;)Which blade style did you choose? I went with the claw style blade (like on the Emerson La Griffe).

Dustinarai

I've always thought the Crawford Push Picks were cool.

Voodoo Child
I went with the hook style blade. On a blade this small you want something that can slash real well. I still am not sure which blade to go with for the checkbook. It will probably be the warncliffe style. I spoke with James and he is going to email me a picture of the different styles when I am ready. The checkbook was such high quality and versatile, that I had to order a second one!

:D

Estone
I will send you copy when I get one. That might be awhile. I am still recovering from a purchase:D A pair of 28" rigger sticks. They are black w/ red zebra stripes on the ends, sling bag, weapon attache.

Hey Voodoo Child it must be really fustrating having to wait so long for your toy! It takes exactly 2 days to receive my stuff from JSP.
I received my checkbook last week.

Back