KA-BAR Photo Thread - Post Your Ka-Bar Knife Pictures Here

Thankyou,sonofwilfred,she does the job very well.:thumbsup:
Better slicer with high grind and nicer handle shape than the current ones which are rubbish.
The high grind on the current version is the only thing I like about the current ones.

The choil is something I really like on this knife.
The offset blade markings make this an easy modification to do without cutting into the stampings.
It also evens up the blade in relation to the handle.
Makes sharpening a bit easier,and you dont end up with the recurve edge,which I hate.
I am always looking out for these older blades with offset markings,specifically to do these mods.

Next project will be rehandling a few mk1's,I have orders for at least four more at this stage.
These may be in similar fashion to the one you got from me,or something entirely different.
Seems every time I make one for myself,I end up selling it,or usually,giving it away.

Hi all, 1st post around here. I'm fortunate to have my Dad's USMC Ka-Bar from WW ll as well as his brothers, also from WW ll. This was one of Dad's prize possessions for sure. It was well used in the Pacific theatre!
6c8J2gQ.jpg

The one mystery is that Uncle Bob was in the Army Air Corps but the knife says US Navy on it. Didn't see much use!

ULY3sRE.jpg

Hi all, 1st post around here. I'm fortunate to have my Dad's USMC Ka-Bar from WW ll as well as his brothers, also from WW ll. This was one of Dad's prize possessions for sure. It was well used in the Pacific theatre!
6c8J2gQ.jpg

The one mystery is that Uncle Bob was in the Army Air Corps but the knife says US Navy on it. Didn't see much use!

ULY3sRE.jpg
Turbo-Coolness that you have your dad's and uncle's knives.

6c8J2gQ.jpg

ULY3sRE.jpg

There was a lot of "trading" going on. A Navy type could easily replace a "lost" knife and if an Air Corps dude had something a squid couldn't get on a ship, well, trades happened.

^This!
In my late great uncles journal,he states that he got his second "Utility knife" (Camillus Mk2 USN) in a card game.

OH YEAH IT CAME TODAY!!! :eek:

KABAR 1246 CAMP KNIFE. :D:thumbup:

Here it is in all its glory.... I proudly bring you another Tooj design. Too bad it's discontinued. :( Also a comparison pic showing the 1246, the JAB Potbelly, and the JAB Baconmaker.

Awesome 1246

Too bad they don't make beauties like this anymore!! 4&1/2" blade genuine mother of pearl handled hunter, model 762 from the 1920s. The model 62 series also was available in stag (262) and jigged bone (662) and also available with 5&1/2" blades. No Model 62s were made during or after WW2. I have been after this one for 5-6 years, finally got owner to sell it to me. Damn!! Can't get photos to load or delete post!!

Last edited:
Too bad they don't make beauties like this anymore!! 4&1/2" blade genuine mother of pearl handled hunter, model 762 from the 1920s. The model 62 series also was available in stag (262) and jigged bone (662) and also available with 5&1/2" blades. No Model 62s were made during or after WW2. I have been after this one for 5-6 years, finally got owner to sell it to me. Damn!! Can't get photos to load or delete post!!
Oh come on Gunsil!!!!! We need Pics

Back