Kabar Turok ... amazing!

Thinking KABAR would come around and make some micarta 😒 I ended up just dyeing the plastic Black. I like it better than brown.
CBD23B2E-A13A-47E6-8079-8F2C8EE8EEE2.jpeg03DB51EC-BD35-4929-934C-9AF69ED692B0.jpeg
The smooth black coating is so durable, I’ve decided not to remove itA308E4C3-4468-4C66-B9B0-E1C118DB851B.jpeg

I gotta wonder where he got the name for the knife. When I was a kid (many moons ago) I used to buy a comic book called "Turok Son of Stone".

I enjoyed the N64 video game after the same name as well.

The Turok is a great knife that doesn't get as much at as it should.

Thread bump.

There is now a Turok Camp Knife available, which offers a longer blade, and a bit different profile.

Buy them up folks! I hope it sells well enough to justify offering micarta scales like the Becker series.

I hope to have one soon. I just blew my play money on a Zomstro, as they are discontinued, and I've always wanted one.

The Turok Camp knife is next I hope!

Hi Xrc6, how do you successfully dye the scales black, they look awesome!
I used Black Rite dye for synthetic materials . It blows my mind how well it works :thumbsup::thumbsup: I’ve even used it on VZ’S G-10 scales. It truly penetrates the plastic and the G-10 resin.
Use a pan that you don’t care about and follow the directions on the dye. I found the dye at one of my wife’s favorite craft stores Michael’s.

Last edited:
I used Black Rite dye for synthetic materials . It blows my mind how well it works :thumbsup::thumbsup: I’ve even used it on VZ’S G-10 scales. It truly penetrates the plastic and the G-10 resin.
Use a pan that you don’t care about and follow the directions on the dye. I found the dye at one of my wife’s favorite craft stores Michael’s.
I'll have to give this a try, they really do look so much better in black than the og. Thanks Xr6x 👍👍

I tell my friends who want an out doors knife that is not Milithreatactical to get a Turok.

But what is better than a Turok is one with G-10 or Micarta scales.

Last edited:
If only there were a custom maker who could do that...

I have two (one is new in box and unused).

For my user I stripped the coating and found a solid tang with only holes for the screws. The factory scales have a bit more texture than the BK scales, but only two fasteners instead of three like the BK series.

I cut a cheap cutting board to add as scale spacers, since after removing the coating the nuts are proud of the scale.

The knife ergos and balance are very good, and the sheath is fantastic. I have had no issues with the knife being slippery.

That said, Micarta scales would be awesome!

I really like the whole package overall.
Carroll custom knife scales. Elwood Nebraska. On eBay!

Last edited:
You really didn’t need to make four duplicate posts A AussieEdge1 .

#missingthepoint

You really didn’t need to make four duplicate posts A AussieEdge1 .

#missingthepoint
I got the joke..... Haha.

Super easy to do too, and It would give someone a reason to cover up that Ugly lanyard hole!

I do think the blade shape is gorgeous.

Back