Kershaw/ZT Picture Thread!!! Let's See Em'!

ZT 308 and Kershaw Avalanche. This combo could easily last me the rest of my life and I'd be perfectly capable (as long as I had a fixed blade, hatchet, saw, etc also). I freehanded the edge on the Avalanche a little while ago on the Sharpmaker with the stones laid flat. Worked surprisingly well. Not a super pretty edge, but it's poppin hairs off the arm pretty good.
mJzI49E.jpeg

Picked up this ZT 0630 about a week ago. I've never been interested in Emerson designs until I got a 0640, which has been a pocket mainstay ever since. I've stayed away from the Wave design thing because to me it just looked like an annoyance. Well, I was wrong - I've had a hard time not carrying this thing since it arrived.

The ergos are outstanding. That "annoyance" makes for a perfect thumb ramp and the knife just fits my hand like a glove. The Wave deploy actually works - as does the thumb screw deployment which I gained an appreciation for with the 0640 and Hinderer Firetac.

The bigger surprise was that it actually has good cutting performance. I think it's probably due to having enough blade height to offset how thick the grind is at the spine. Kind of reminds me of the 0095 in that regard.

It's definitely a big, heavy, unpolished sort of folder (especially with that pivot setup), but I think that may be why I like it so much. It's a unique design that really works. Just when I thought I'd settled on my favorite ZTs...

ytZgv50.jpg

jRzQAaq.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up this ZT 0630 about a week ago. I've never been interested in Emerson designs until I got a 0640, which has been a pocket mainstay ever since. I've stayed away from the Wave design thing because to me it just looked like an annoyance. Well, I was wrong - I've had a hard time not carrying this thing since it arrived.

The ergos are outstanding. That "annoyance" makes for a perfect thumb ramp and the knife just fits my hand like a glove. The Wave deploy actually works - as does the thumb screw deployment which I gained an appreciation for with the 0640 and Hinderer Firetac.

The bigger surprise was that it actually has good cutting performance. I think it's probably due to having enough blade height to offset how thick the grind is at the spine. Kind of reminds me of the 0095 in that regard.

It's definitely a big, heavy, unpolished sort of folder (especially with that pivot setup), but I think that may be why I like it so much. It's a unique design that really works. Just when I thought I'd settled on my favorite ZTs...

ytZgv50.jpg

jRzQAaq.jpg
Of the ZTs I have had the 0630 and the 0452 are IMHO the best

Of the ZTs I have had the 0630 and the 0452 are IMHO the best
Have you tried the 0640? 😂 I like it so much, I have a second on the way! I needed the stonewash handle to go with my bronze anodized. I already have a set of Micarta scales waiting for it to arrive.

Attachments

• PXL_20240513_215943197.jpg
    PXL_20240513_215943197.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 2
Just received this Kershaw "Skinner" (1032) which completes my collection of the fixed blade Kershaw Hattori-designed Hunter Series:

gQ0Lq65.png

EFlzHGN.png

These are the knives in the entire series that I've collected. I also have the matching sheath for each of them but boxes for only 2 of them.

3FHkdPu.png

From top to bottom, they are the:

Field & Stream (1029)
Camp & Stream (1031)
Camp & Field (1030)
Skinner (1032)
Field (1034)
Heavy Duty Field (1035)

------------------------------------------------

There are also 2 folders in the Hunter Series.

The Folding Field (1050) that I also own and the Folding Field II (1040) that I don't. I never added the 1040 to this collection because it doesn't match the styling of the fixed blades & the 1050.

This is a photo of my 1050:

Lq5m2XI.jpg

For comparison, here's an advertisement for the Hunter Series that Kershaw published in the 1970's when the series was made:

IMG_0329.jpg

BTW, the fixed blade Hunter Series knives were the 1st knives ever made by Kershaw. See: Kershaw Knives: History, Innovations & More

Last edited:
Have you tried the 0640? 😂 I like it so much, I have a second on the way! I needed the stonewash handle to go with my bronze anodized. I already have a set of Micarta scales waiting for it to arrive.
Yes I have tried the 0640 already but at the end I still prefer the 0630 and 0452 over the 0640.

Still the 0640 is a very good knife and it is great you like it

Just received this Kershaw "Skinner" (1032) which completes my collection of the fixed blade Kershaw Hattori-designed Hunter Series:

gQ0Lq65.png

EFlzHGN.png

These are the knives in the entire series that I've collected. I also have the matching sheath for each of them but boxes for only 2 of them.

3FHkdPu.png

From top to bottom, they are the:

Field & Stream (1029)
Camp & Stream (1031)
Camp & Field (1030)
Skinner (1032)
Field (1034)
Heavy Duty Field (1035)

------------------------------------------------

There are also 2 folders in the Hunter Series.

The Folding Field (1050) that I also own and the Folding Field II (1040) that I don't. I never added the 1040 to this collection because it doesn't match the styling of the fixed blades & the 1050.

This is a photo of my 1050:

Lq5m2XI.jpg

For comparison, here's an advertisement for the Hunter Series that Kershaw published in the 1970's when the series was made:

IMG_0329.jpg

BTW, the fixed blade Hunter Series knives were the 1st knives ever made by Kershaw. See: Kershaw Knives: History, Innovations & More
Beautiful man! I used to have one of those fixed blade Hunters. I've been eyeing the Folding Field's for the past little bit also. Older Kershaws are my first love in the knife world.

That's a beauty! Have you handled a 0620? They are excellent as well. At some point I want to add a 0630 to my collection as I love the ZT Emersons.
I had a 0630 that I regret having sold 🥲
But since then I have moved to real Emerson and I am very happy with my commanders and CQC-7
They are not has premium has the ZT models but they have a soul and I really like using them

WOW! That is great looking. Was it released like that? Or is it custom?
That is how they came from ZT. Dima sent the parts to Tualatin and there they were assembled.
There is another 0450 Factory Custom, I'll post pics later this week but just back home to Tennessee after driving all day and tuckered out...

Back