Knife Joy Slysz Bowie Second Run Coming!

DA170

Platinum Member

SPYDERCO C186TIPBL KNIFEJOY EXCLUSIVE SLYSZ BOWIE FOLDER M390 WITH ANODIZED BLUE TI HANDLE! $449.95​

CQI Version with New Lock bar interface and over travel stop!

Available 2/29/24 10:30 am CST. Limit one per customer

SPYDERCO C186TIPBL KNIFEJOY EXCLUSIVE SLYSZ BOWIE FOLDER M390 WITH ANODIZED BLUE TI HANDLE! $449.95​

CQI Version with New Lock bar interface and over travel stop!

Available 2/29/24 10:30 am CST. Limit one per customer
how many are they having made?

Thanks for the info.

Hate the color of the scales but, if I'm lucky enough to get one, I'll immediately dip them in Whink to get rid of the anno.

Last edited:
Does that work?

Yes, it works

Whink contains HCl, hydrochloride acid which immediately dissolves anno.

Use w/caution & at your own risk.

Lots of youtube videos & other "advice" on the Net providing info & instruction re the use of HCl to remove anno.

I also dislike the blue, but not so terribly much that I'd alter the knife. I just wish it were bronze or black.

I also dislike the blue, but not so terribly much that I'd alter the knife. I just wish it were bronze or black.
propane-torch.jpg

I don't normally mess with the knives in my collection but I really HATE blue anno and, since I'd plan to carry it and never sell it, I don't think it will matter.

Had a ZT0452 in all blue anno but hated it so much that I sold it, even though I collect the 0452 & still have 5 variations of it, including the M390BLU Sprint which I can forgive because the blue is only on the backside.

They also made a plain all Ti version of the 0452 that I have, so I didn't have to Whink treat the blue version of it.

LOL! 😉

I'd prefer to buy an original CTS-XHP Slysz Bowie which is not anno'd but people are asking around $1k for them now which is goofy! 😲

Last edited:
It looks like they got rid of that polished stonewash blade finish? Have to admit I can't see why people are rushing to pay Sebenza money for these. I did just pick up a Swayback, though, and I'm really impressed with it as a Sebbie alternative at the current pricing.

How quickly do we expect these to go?
They didn’t last 15 minutes last time if i recall! The website had some lag adding the time they were available. With the aftermarket for the OG around $800-$1000 (eBay) and the first run of this version running $600-$800 , I’m assuming the demand is high! The addition of the lock bar interface (CQI) may pump up this drop too!

They didn’t last 15 minutes last time if i recall! The website had some lag adding the time they were available. With the aftermarket for the OG around $800-$1000 (eBay) and the first run of this version running $600-$800 , I’m assuming the demand is high! The addition of the lock bar interface (CQI) may pump up this drop too!

I'll check in at the announced date/time to see if I can get one but I won't be too disappointed if I don't/can't.

It's not like I don't have enough knives already. LOL! 🤷‍♂️

Back