Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

Just arrived today: 2024 Wharncliffe trapper. Here's my initial assessment: Perfect centering, no blade play, matched covers, flush pins, no gaps, flush transition between the covers and the bolsters. The grinds are very even and symmetric and very sharp, with just a bit of "factory burr" that I
always find on new Case knives (quickly removed with a few strokes on a 1200 grit diamond plate). As well done a Case knife as I have ever encountered.
I'm not a "trapper person" (don't care for the long spey blade) but I like Wharncliffes, and I wanted to make a set with my bonestag Wharncliffe mini trapper and my stag Wharncliffe tiny trapper. I definitely plan on carrying this one. I have a nice brown pancake sheath that I think will be perfect. (I have a matching black one that my Buck 112 rides in every day.)

53619619565_4e4d86a18c_b.jpg

The matching 2019 mini trapper:
53612325262_b767620776_b.jpg

As there is also this Case knife thread, I decided to post here too.:)

I recently required a new Stockman, with smooth red bone handles, pinched bolsters and a gold shining shield.
The pull is on the lighter side, but nice and snappy. A little side to side blade play on all blades, which could get fixed.
Although a large version, I was surprised, as it's just a little longer than the medium Stockman I have. The thickness and weight of both models is astonishingly quite similar.

Here are some comparison pictures.

04upMjT.jpg

t0GwrC9.jpg

LaO8HZw.jpg

YGMBx8n.jpg

Going through my Case knives, I rediscovered these two! Not old, but full of memories, they remind me of Tony Bose (R.I.P.) and his relationship with Case, and with me!!!
These were gifts from him: Case often gave him batches of knives for various reasons, and I was fortunate to be a friend and benefited from their, and Tony's, largesse!!!
The first is an early swayback Tony designed for production, Rockwell-tested, and patina-ed (cold-blued) by Tony!Test Sway 1.jpgTest Sway 2.jpgTest Sway 3.jpg
The second knife was a Trial Run, single-blade Trapper, used to get testing-opinions on the then new-to-Case 154-CM steel!!
I'll always remember a kind and generous, and very talented Man!!
Trial run from Tony 1.jpgTrial run from Tony 2.jpgTrial run from Tony 3.jpg

Back