Let's talk Northwoods

Must have been one-offs? Disappeared lightning fast...

Jay said there was about 50 stragglers total. Looks like there were regular and S models for all 5 varieties, so very few per link. Sends most people into the payment failure, remove from cart, refresh, go in for another circle of hell. I’ve been there. I’m sure a large percentage of people went in on the stragglers first. I came to my senses after going for blue sawcut and went in for a black micarta.

This drop helped to take some of the sting of the Heritage Jack drop away. I was supposed to be in the air at drop time today, but some changes in travel plans had me driving instead of flying today, and was able to be on better wifi at the hotel at drop time.

Went for a mammoth first and missed it. Went after another and the payment stalled out, so figured I missed that one too. Clicked on a Kudu bone instead, thinking I’m just too slow for a mammoth. Got payment to go through, and the order confirmation showed both the kudu and the previous mammoth as confirmed! Not sure how that mammoth didn’t get grabbed in the extra time, but I am excited. My first Northwoods from an actual drop.

View attachment 2320570

View attachment 2320569

This drop helped to take some of the sting of the Heritage Jack drop away. I was supposed to be in the air at drop time today, but some changes in travel plans had me driving instead of flying today, and was able to be on better wifi at the hotel at drop time.

Went for a mammoth first and missed it. Went after another and the payment stalled out, so figured I missed that one too. Clicked on a Kudu bone instead, thinking I’m just too slow for a mammoth. Got payment to go through, and the order confirmation showed both the kudu and the previous mammoth as confirmed! Not sure how that mammoth didn’t get grabbed in the extra time, but I am excited. My first Northwoods from an actual drop.

View attachment 2320570

View attachment 2320569
Congratulations! Happy to see you scored. Both incredible examples!!

View attachment 2320570

View attachment 2320569
Those look incredible! The Kudo is insanley beautiful. I tried to sang one, but MTA wireless was not speedy enough.

View attachment 2320570

View attachment 2320569
That’s a positive spin on the scramble for a change! I like the color of that mammoth, I tried to get one like that but struck out. But, I was able to land a store model blue bone.

Yeah I almost picked up a fall creek in coyote canvas because there was so much time compared to other Northwoods drops. After securing a heritage jack I figured to not be greedy. I also own a mammoth fall creek and my son has one in kudu. They are good field knives because of their small size and fine grind. I attach a lanyard to mine for ease of deployment.

View attachment 2320570

View attachment 2320569
Oh that Kudu!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

To all, more kudu pictures please!!! 😁
:thumbsup:

Question: what's the steel on Northwoods knife made by queen in around 2007/2008 period time? I know Queen used 420HC, D2, also later NW Queen models used 154. Thanks.

If you want to see some Heritage Jack Mammoth Ivory stragglers, here they are ;)
XN89KhP.jpg

Back