List of custom slipjoint makers.

Thanks that is really interesting! I hope any of us out there with custom slipjoints will post pics and make the rest of us feel envious!!

I only own this one custom, a saddlehorn trapper by Wally Watts. (ATS-34 and red bone)

Attachments

• watts.jpg
    watts.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 498
Good for you Bluesdude.You might still come around to those "slips" one of these days;)

I have a few of the factory versions...Case, Case/Bose, Schatt & Morgan, Queen, Remington, Camillus. Just haven't ventured much into the customs yet. Time will tell... ;)

Forget it Blues, you will be hooked and you know it :D

I was looking at that list and checked out quite a few of them. They were all pretty nice, but one in particular, Don Morrow, had some outstanding looking blades.

Does anyone own any of his knives? His trapper models with the file work are awesome.

A great slipjooint and lockback maker that I know of is Paul Meyers from East Alton, Illinois. He primarily works in 440C but will also use ATS-34. He will also put thumb studs on his lockbacks ala Jess Horn. He does excellent file work and works well with stag, ivory, mother of pearl etc. I currently have a Moose and a lockback from him.

Back