Recommendation? Looking for a Tsukamaki Artisan. Any Recommendations?

I know this is a subforum for sword discussions. But I am seeking tsukamaki artisans to service the handle of a non-Japanese knife. And this is the closest thing I could find in the forum. I don't know if this is the proper thread for something like this. If it isn't, please relocate to an appropriate channel/subforum.

The quality of tsuka-wrap job seems to vary wildly on Bastinelli Pika Picoeur karambits. That is to say, the placement of menuki and the uniformity and tightness of the wrap patterns are very much inconsistent from one handle to another.

I'm in the market for a Pika, but my OCD nature demands perfection. Since the chance of a brand-new blade having the perfect wrap pattern and perfect center placement of menuki is probably not likely, I think perhaps I should look into getting the bare basic version of Pika (the unwrapped version), acquire a menuki of my choice separately, send them off to a professional and have it wrapped properly. But googling for such service hasn't really provided me with any leads. Hence, I am asking here.

Below is a half-decent (but not perfect) wrap job on the handle.
BGPIKABKWBMn.jpg

Below is a LOUSY (i.e. unacceptable) wrap job. Notice how the handle wraps are bunched up towards the ring, leaving the other end of the handle somewhat bare? Very sloppy!
BGBCCPIKASTBKMRTn.jpg

I know several, but doubt they would work on this as it is not actually a tsuka.

I do not know if he is accepting any work currently, or if he'd take on a knife project, but "Cottontail Customs" does excellent custom itto/tsukas for katanas.

Back