Love the Tyrade!

Scored a like new Tyrade last night, love that knife! I'll probably sell my blem when it gets here, or I might just put it into the carry rotation. Beautiful design, like a dressed up 030x.

Haha I almost bought that one at like 11:00. Congrats man.

Last edited:
Scored a like new Tyrade last night, love that knife! Beautiful design, like a dressed up 030x.

Congrats.

We need a Tyrade Serial#/Photo thread...

I believe that the various Kershaw Tyrade 1850 folders all have the same model numbers and composite blade but different handle materials and colors. Is that correct?

Mine is the brown titanium handles with CF accents and the composite blade is CPM D2 edge and 154CM spine and the blade pattern has distinct colors.

So, the other three are: Black, Orange and Tan G10 handles with no CF like the picture below?

6358157995_ff55300ee5_z.jpg

I hadn't seen the tan G10 one before. The Ti/CF is definitely my favorite.

Don't forget that the G10 versions are liner, not frame locks.

My titanium brown/orange Tyrade is extremely well-made. No serial number on the blade but instead it says OCT 07 on it.

Does BB stand for Bead Blast or Blemished?

I found this in another thread regarding Tyrade models:

1850 Tyrade Composite Blade Titanium Frame
1850G10SW / 1850BLKSW Tyrade Composite Black G10 Scales (845)
1850G10BB / 1850BLKBB Tyrade Composite Black G10 Scales (120)
1850OR Tyrade Composite Orange G10 Scales (150)
1850ORBB Tyrade Composite Orange G10 Scales (119)
1850TAN (??) Tyrade Composite Tan G10 Scales (175)
1850TAN (BB) Tyrade Composite Tan G10 Scales (175)
1850TANSW Tyrade Composite Tan G10 Scales (175)

AFAIK the official model and production numbers for the g10's are:

1850BLKBB - 120
1850G10SW - 845
1850OR - 150
1850ORBB - 119
1850TAN - 350

:thumbup:

My tan is a user. Great knife! I also have a 1850BLKBB and 1850OR both new.

This is one knife I want just not willing the pay the loot for, at least not at the moment. While the ti/cf model is sweet, I just don't see myself carrying it especially with the cf tacked onto the side.

While the ti/cf model is sweet, I just don't see myself carrying it especially with the cf tacked onto the side.

Neither would I and I have one! Too tacky! Great flipping action though...

Neither would I and I have one! Too tacky! Great flipping action though...

..."too tacky"? i don't see it...before i got my first ZT i was using my Ti Tyrade regularly, and it did the work...so now i use ZT's (most of the time) and the Tyrade has been set aside but i would not hesitate to put it to work again if i had to...

...the more "enhanced" a blade is, the more i want to use in real life work conditions...and i know i'm definitely in the minority with this practice LOLOLOL

My tan is a user. Great knife! I also have a 1850BLKBB and 1850OR both new.
Yours looks like mine did before I broke out the Magic Eraser and cleaned it good as new. I used to use mine when I did tile work full time, that is one freakin solid knife. I beat the hell out of it and it just asked for more.

Back