• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

M2 D2 (not an imperial droid)

Stuart Davenport Knives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This week I have a couple of cool trailing point knives to offer. They are really intended for steak knives and light duty work. They are thin, flex a little at the tip, and are as light as a feather! Heat treatment done in house, including a grain refinement cycle, "cryo" quech, and triple tempers. The edge geometry is extremely thin, and they both glide through a cooked steak! While polishing the M2 knife, I noticed pretty heavy carbide banding in the steel, so I finally ordered some ferric chloride and etched the blade to bring out that banding. It looks really cool up close! Intended to be sold separately, but if you want both, I'll work a deal with you. These would make a nice his and her set! Oh, one more thing I almost forgot, the D2 blade with the jade g10, that steel is Crucible's D2, not a generic brand. It has almost 1% of vanadium compared to other D2. It is not a particle D2, just has a high vanadium count, which is a good thing. And of course the M2 has 2% vanadium, but is a tougher overall steel. Edit to add, I notice the photo of the D2 jade g10 knife that the color is off in the middle. The g10 does have sort of a shadow in it between the two pins when you hold it in certain light, but it doesn't look this way in real life. The g10 handle actually looks really cool (and different than the photo shows). The D2 steel has excellent wear resistance, and I always use a "delta" heat treat protocol with all of the tool steels, so it is going to have much better "apex stability" than industry standard D2.

OAL: 8 1/2"
Blade: 4 1/4"
Handle: 4 1/4"
Thickness: 0.045" (that's thin!)
Steel: D2 @ 63HRC on the jade g10 knife. M2 @ 63HRC on the canvas micarta knife
Edge: 13° per side, 1 micron
Price: sold

IMG_0315.jpg IMG_0316.jpg

Paypall preferred (samuraistuart@yahoo.com). All knives come with free shipping in the USA as well as a lifetime unconditional warranty. Something goes wrong, the knife gets repaired or replaced. I ask that the buyer be aware that most all of my knives are cutting tools and are made only for their intended use. I like to make thin, hard knives that excel at cutting and not necessarily able to take abuse. If you have any questions, feel free to DM me here or contact me by email (samuraistuart@yahoo.com). Thanks for taking a look, and follow me on Instagram at stuartalandavenport.

Last edited:
Thanks again, and if you want a kydex sheath, I can certainly make one for you (included with the price posted).

I also updated the description in the last sentences to shed light (no pun intended) on the odd color of the jade g10 in the photo, as well as a little more detail in the heat treatment I use.

Back