Manix 2 lightweight aftermarket scales?

jstn

Gold Member
Just got a new Manix 2 in Magnacut. Been awhile since I’ve had a lightweight, but I see now they have screws instead of pins. Anyone know of anyone out there making aftermarket scales that can be swapped onto the lightweight Manix? G10 is my preference, but I’d be fine with Ti or aluminum too.

Anyone know of anyone out there making aftermarket scales that can be swapped onto the lightweight Manix?
Not that I'm aware of! I emailed AWT recently and asked if they planned to make scales for the Manix 2 Lightweight! I'll update this post if/when they respond!

Maybe AWT...
They did it with the LW Native

If there is demand... They might

Not that I'm aware of! I emailed AWT recently and asked if they planned to make scales for the Manix 2 Lightweight! I'll update this post if/when they respond!
Thanks!

Maybe AWT...
They did it with the LW Native

If there is demand... They might
my preference is g10, so I may just track down a used g10 Manix and do a swap, although I’d love some nice Ti or aluminum scales. Thanks!

Are the blades on the Manix 3 interchangeable from the Lightweight to the G10 version? The Para 3 is.

my preference is g10, so I may just track down a used g10 Manix and do a swap, although I’d love some nice Ti or aluminum scales. Thanks!
I doubt that would work. The lightweight is linerless and the lock module is different than the one on the G-10 model. The blades alone may or may not be interchangeable. Personally, I wouldn't trust a swap like that to be safe and secure.

Are the blades on the Manix 3 interchangeable from the Lightweight to the G10 version? The Para 3 is.

LW Manix 2 and G10 Manix 2 blades are interchangeable with zero issues.

One some older Riveted LW Manix 2 you still can do a blade swap BUT
The LW Scales will either damaged or just destroyed to remove the blade.

On the Screw versions..... easy Nut and bolt

Just got a new Manix 2 in Magnacut. Been awhile since I’ve had a lightweight, but I see now they have screws instead of pins. Anyone know of anyone out there making aftermarket scales that can be swapped onto the lightweight Manix? G10 is my preference, but I’d be fine with Ti or aluminum too.

Check out
HiPolyDesigns on Etsy

Last edited:

Did AWT ever get back to you on that? I actually emailed them with the same question right around the time the screwed construction became standard on the LW's, so maybe over a year ago now? They said they didn't have any plans. Wondering if they've changed their mind since then.

Did AWT ever get back to you on that?
Their reply was vague! Something similar to "We have a few projects in the works"
Hopefully we'll see Military 2 liner delete and Manix 2 Lightweight scales this year! I've been buying the blemished offerings for most of my users... awesome deal!

I emailed HiPolyDesigns on Etsy. I'm waiting on reply, will report back. He's got a picture of a LW scale on a Manix and it says "coming soon"

Just got an email back. Here's the reply:

"Hello,
I’m currently working with a small group of users who are testing out the prototype right now.
Everything seems good so far from their feedback so I might have these final version posted in the next 2 weeks on Etsy."

I emailed HyPolyDesigns too about the LW scales but specifically
if he will be offering a Skinny and no lanyard hole..

He said it is in the works

The Magnacut blade with titanium BB cage doesn't fit the G-10 version.Engagement is 100% and has slightest amount of blade play.

C1wn0qg.jpg

Here's the original polymer BB cage at almost 90-95% engagement.....No Blade Play but almost 100%

oDELd8u.jpg

The Magnacut blade with titanium BB cage doesn't fit the G-10 version.Engagement is 100% and has slightest amount of blade play.

C1wn0qg.jpg

Here's the original polymer BB cage at almost 90-95% engagement.....No Blade Play but almost 100%

oDELd8u.jpg

You can get a ball bearing one size up and fix that issue.

You've done it? Got a pic?
I haven’t replaced one with the size up bearing but I have used a sized down bearing when putting a g-10 blade into a lightweight frame. The G-10 and LW models are interchangeable due to a degree but for proper lockup you will need to change the bearing sizes due to the lockup surfaces not quite being the same. I always thought that it was common knowledge out there.

I haven’t replaced one with the size up bearing but I have used a sized down bearing when putting a g-10 blade into a lightweight frame. The G-10 and LW models are interchangeable due to a degree but for proper lockup you will need to change the bearing sizes due to the lockup surfaces not quite being the same. I always thought that it was common knowledge out there.
Interesting. Thanks!

Back