Manix 2 lightweight scale swap

Can someone help me understand why I can't swap the manix 2 lightweight scales out for any aftermarket scales available on the market.The blade is the same as the g10 version so what's the issue. I've never found a clear answer I was satisfied with.The newer versions of the lightweight has T8s and 6s not rivets. I would be swapping the ball cage out as well if that may affect the build. Appreciate any feed back

The lock portion is held in place by the frcp scales on the lightweight. The g10 uses a separate metal backspacer. Aftermarket scales mostly expect you to have that metal backspacer to hold the lock parts in place.

There's a dude on the Spyderco subreddit that makes and sells a replacement metal piece.

The lock portion is held in place by the frcp scales on the lightweight. The g10 uses a separate metal backspacer. Aftermarket scales mostly expect you to have that metal backspacer to hold the lock parts in place.

There's a dude on the Spyderco subreddit that makes and sells a replacement metal

Shows in stock for me. Can add to cart.

Looks like they only have cerakote though. Im pleased with my anodized set(native), cerakote would be ok but wears off.

Shows in stock for me. Can add to cart.

Looks like they only have cerakote though. Im pleased with my anodized set(native), cerakote would be ok but wears off.
I believe those are for g10 versions. I found a guy on a spyderco sub reddit that sells the screws and the lock spacer for the conversion.

Back