• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Medium Gaucho in O1 and Ironwood

John Cahoon

JWC Custom Knives
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey there everybody! Many moons ago someone suggested I make a smaller version of my gaucho style. So I did! I hope you like it.

O1Steel- Dimensions - 5/32” x a tick over10”OAL and 6”from tip to bolster and the height is 1 7/16”.Filework on the spine. Hand sanded to 1200grit for a clean satin finish. Paul Bos Heat Treat to 60/61.

Balances on the bolster and the edge was .015” before sharpening. The spine is well rounded for a comfortable thumb.

The handle features a stainless steel bolster with turquoise and yellow G10 spacers and an ironwood handle. It’s finished to 1200 grit, oiled and waxed.

The premium sheath features my feather motif and is a snug fit with great retention yet easy to deploy. So even if you’re not gonna go Gaucho’ing anytime soon this would still make a terrific BBQ blade with a very versatile profile for kitchen and camp.

Still using imgur so if anyone wants full resolution photos I’ll get ‘em to ya.

Price is $235 to your US door, and of course your satisfaction is my only priority. I can accept paypal, check or MO, and the price includes fees and free shipping in the US.

Thanks so much for looking! Please feel free to comment, ask anything here or via PM.

John Cahoon

Last edited:
Back