Mike’s Knife!!!!!

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
My Nephew Mike is gonna go places and do things for the Army soon and I wanted to make sure he had a nice blade with him 😎 This is the design I worked up. I started with 1/4in 5160 and 1/4in G10 slabs. That worked well so I tried 3/8in slabs of Terro Tuff with a little more contour. They both feel great but I tried one more with 1/4in G10 slabs over a tapered tang. That’s the one!!!!! Big enough and still compact. They run about 5in of blade and 9 5/8in overall. Mike’s is the one with the brass pins. With the blued blade and some brass tarnish it’s plenty tactical! I plan on using brass and/or stainless tube fasteners for future builds. I’m really happy with how this design works. Sure wish I had one when I was serving. Well at least I get to keep the final proto :) Now I need to get some sheaths made ASAP!!!!

DF338D34-F6E8-4854-8CF7-1A546616781B.jpegView attachment 1912957

Awesome Bill, I really like the subdued look of the last two and like mentioned the brass pinned model is quite impressive. Congrats to you and your Nephew Mike and may it serve him well and help to keep him safe. I'd like to see it after his return and how it held up but I'm sure it will handle his tasks well.

Back