MOAB's return

I had one, I sold one, I snatched one :)
The one I miss

View attachment 2565011
Coming home
View attachment 2565009

Congrats!

I've had a few thoughts on selling mine on account of using it so little compared to anything else in the collection, then I pick it up and look it over in my hand and come to my senses.

"Yeah right, I'm not getting rid of this thing, it's way too awesome!"

Nothing compares to it. A real force to be reckoned with.

I would like to request to see more pictures of those two beauties in your post though! I absolutely LOVE satin and black like that and those two are real lookers!

Congrats!

I've had a few thoughts on selling mine on account of using it so little compared to anything else in the collection, then I pick it up and look it over in my hand and come to my senses.

"Yeah right, I'm not getting rid of this thing, it's way too awesome!"

Nothing compares to it. A real force to be reckoned with.

I would like to request to see more pictures of those two beauties in your post though! I absolutely LOVE satin and black like that and those two are real lookers!
Thanks. Here goes. Enjoy! Unfortunately, both are gone. Hope new owners take a good use of them :)

IMGP6765800.JPG

IMGP6767800.JPG

IMGP6778800.JPG

It's interesting how the spine was different back then.

And here is my NMFSH at work

IMGP6092800.JPG

IMGP6083800.JPG

IMGP6226800.JPG

That crowned spine, aka, meltdown treatment, on the NMFSH is super cool and I hope we get to see more of it. Been seeing it on a few new models (Beating Heart and Camp Mistress) which makes me happy. I only hoping we get to see a true meltdown treatment offered again where everything is crowned, tang and all like on the Boss Jacks and NMFBM and probably some others I'm forgetting about.

That's got to be the Fat Fusion Battle Mistress, correct? 5/16" thick stock?

That's one mega hunk of INFI!

I see it says 1 of 27, what's the story on that? Major grail piece right there!

Thanks so much for posting those. Great photos! I downloaded them all to admire as time goes on, haha.

The 1 of 27 looks like a HOG FBM, not a MOAB. I'll bet Jaxx Jaxx has answers on this one given it's got his number on it.

That crowned spine, aka, meltdown treatment, on the NMFSH is super cool and I hope we get to see more of it. Been seeing it on a few new models (Beating Heart and Camp Mistress) which makes me happy. I only hoping we get to see a true meltdown treatment offered again where everything is crowned, tang and all like on the Boss Jacks and NMFBM and probably some others I'm forgetting about.

That's got to be the Fat Fusion Battle Mistress, correct? 5/16" thick stock?

That's one mega hunk of INFI!

I see it says 1 of 27, what's the story on that? Major grail piece right there!

Thanks so much for posting those. Great photos! I downloaded them all to admire as time goes on, haha.
Thank you. That Custom shop NMFSH is IMO one of the two most beautiful Busse knives.

IMGP6430800.JPG
The other is TGCS
IMGP2598800.JPG

Since you asked about the MOABM here is the story.
It has two sides to it - one is mission accomplished and the other a missed lucky opportunity one.

The knife was one of the 1st Busse MOABM run. I missed to get it from Jerry, so I had to hunt for it. After some time I got a deal with the seller here on this forum who was willing to part with the knife. He was a sailor (I think of him as a shipmaster :)). He was mostly at sea and wanted me to pay with Bitcoins. That was almost a decade ago. At that time to do so I had to open an account with Coinbase (which was a private company back then with very little support available). By their rule I had to deposit some money $500 IIRC in number of deposits waiting for their reviews and approvals in-between to have a functional account to buy the Bitcoins. Since it was taking time and I was worried about me losing the seller's business to someone else, I convinced him to take a wire or Paypal (don't remember exactly).

So he agreed and the "Mission accomplished" part has a happy end with me getting the beautiful knife I was hunting for.
IMGP6835800.JPG

The missed opportunity side of the story is that, if Coinbase approved and opened my account quickly enough, I would've bought bitcoins I needed for the knife plus some extra ones (back then the cost was $200 a coin or so) to have some room, if the seller got another offer. Assuming he would stick to the price he posted, I would've ended up with what I believe would've been 5 or so extra bitcoins. Nice, right? :) It did not happen. I did not invest in the Bitcoins back then. No complains here, as I am working in the hi-tech for decades and have some other investments done in the industry, however not as spectacular as the Bitcoin would've been.

That's the story of this special 1 of 27 MOABM knife.

I do not buy knives to sell. I just, like many of us, now and then try to downsize. I had in excess of 16 Busse knives alone with many others and sold a few.

Now it is time to get this new incarnation of the MOAB in the stable :) I am sure it will be a beautiful knife.
Less special than 1 of 27, but it could be better yet as I use my knives, drive my sports cars, shoot my guns and drink my Scotches :)

Ah! The MOABM! I completely forgot that model even existed! It's talked about so rarely that I forgot all about it.

Well, that explains why it looked so thick, even thicker than the Fat Fusion model.

Very cool story even if a bit bittersweet on the whole Bitcoin thing. To think how much crazier it could have been to have secured those several Bitcoin, scored a grail knife like that and, down the line, have also scored over one hundred thousand dollar for your efforts to get that knife! Great story nonetheless!

Thanks for the explanation and backstory!

Relative proportions-wise, yep, that wins!

As others have stated before, a real railroad spike, that one!

If I'm not mistaken, only the off duty was thicker (which is insane to even think about).

That sheath makes me chuckle. We're all used to seeing thin and wide slots for the blade but that thing looks more like the dimensions of a Pez dispenser! It's got an almost perfectly square hole for the blade! 🤣

Wonderful overkill! I love Jerry's style!

Thanks.
I am sure the whole Custom shop had great time making this knife. I can see how they had a drink or two and then argued about the scales color at the end using them all and then putting usual Custom Shop stamp where they saw a fit for it at that happy hour :)

The result is one gorgeous knife. Cheers!
DSC069491000.JPG

Back