Model 27 Grand River Machete

Got 'er done finally. I can't wait to test it out soon. I plan on taking it with me up to Nebraska for an overnight we're doing.

5/32" 1095 steel
sloppy hammon line
Half height convex
Dark brown canvas micarta scales,
Steel pins

5419363253_3686b224cc_z.jpg

5419967308_6ed826b4c7_z.jpg

5419967494_2ef9eb8efa_z.jpg

5419967354_c231029554_z.jpg

5419363419_e53a517dfa_z.jpg

Let me know what you think when you get a chance.
Thanks for looking,
Iz

Great looking blade. Looks like something I'd love to have strapped to the pack. Very rustic, hand-made look to it, but the fit and finish looks great. Nice work.

Man, that'll do some work, won't it? I like the hamon...gives the edge kind of a frosty look.

Well done!!

Excellent design and work Iz!!!

Looks like it would not only chop well but be a good drawknife as well.

No pommel??:D

That thing is sick. :cool:

Osage one stick fire......

No!!! No pommel.:D

Thanks, guys for all the kind words. I appreciate it very much. I'll put up a video on it some day if you're interested in how it uses.
God bless,
Iz

Way to hit a homerun Iz! It has a raw, primial feel to it. And it screams "Cut something"

Can't wait to play with it at the end of the month!

I think you did a great job choosing 5/32 thick steel. My biggest complaint with machete's is that they are generaly made with too thin of stock for real lifelong durability. While being light to carry they lack the weight to work really well.

Iz do you mean you don't want to swing it if you made it from 3/8" stock?

Just pullin yer chain.

I like the blades that size to be stiff, but not overly heavy.

Roger that, Mike.

A very short test video of the Grand River

[youtube]sXEIRTlySiM[/youtube]

Iz

Ok Iz good vid and all but you have got to add some music to the opening of it! No CCR or anything? You had me checking my connections to my speakers and everything else, then when you started talking I cracked my head on my desk when I came up to see what was going on!!!!! :grumpy: :D:D

Back