My first Benchmade

I have been a knife nut for as long as I can remember. Today my first Benchmade arrived! I got the 940 and I love it. I love the narrow design and the look and feel of it! I will probably end up picking up another.

I do have a question...

Kershaw/ZT used to (maybe they still do) send replacement springs if you asked them. As part of Benchmade's warranty, do they do they same or does the knife have to be serviced with them? Has anyone ever experienced axis lock springs breaking from years or normal use (springs do fail)?

Benchmade requires you to send the knife in for service. We don't send parts. The omega springs can break although many people never have this happen. It can happen though. Especially if you fidget with the knife all day it will add cycles to the springs and eventually they can fail.

Enjoy that 940! Its a classic.

Thanks Jimmy. It would be cool if these springs could be purchased. But, I do understand why you guys would prefer to have people send their stuff in. I just like having spare parts on hand. This isn't a knock on Benchmade. I do this for every tool I own. I also live overseas and sometimes things go 'missing' at my end of the customs.

Thanks Jimmy. It would be cool if these springs could be purchased. But, I do understand why you guys would prefer to have people send their stuff in. I just like having spare parts on hand. This isn't a knock on Benchmade. I do this for every tool I own. I also live overseas and sometimes things go 'missing' at my end of the customs.
Look on eBay and Etsy, lots of vendors that sell the omega springs for the axis locks.

If you live overseas, I believe Benchmade will mail you replacement springs if yours break. I've never broken one but I know it can happen. I suspect high volume fidgeting kills many of them.

Oh and the 940 is a classic for a reason. All that blade in a slim, easy to carry, but still quite robust design makes it an EDC standout. Warren Osborne knew what he was doing.

Not a US based customer so I can't send stuff for warranty but I got my replacement omega springs from etsy.

The lifespan of the omega springs is wild, I had years on a mini grip without problem, but they died as soon as the action was worn in on a new bailout, I think its safe to say that if it doesn't die in the first few months of owning a knife, the springs will live a long life.

Have BMs going back quite a few years and haven't had a spring go out on me... would be a bit awkward if they did though cos I'm on the other side of the planet.

Back