Photos New and slightly modded BK16

Picked up a BK16, stripped the blade - did a white vinegar/mustard patina after a polish. Dyed the sheath graphite and added a paracord lanyard. What is a good/basic stone to keep in the pouch for blade touch ups? Looking forward to our next camping trip to give it a workout.
1102211702b.jpg

Cool dye job on the sheath. I like that.

I'm not quite sure if it will fit, it might. but I love the GST Gossman Survival Tool.
I have the large one, that I recommend, but they also make a smaller one.

It's old timey, and unique at the same time. Very handy.
It's basically hardened steel. Harder than your knives. You run it along it as if you are sharpening on it.
it touches up your dull blade. Less than a stone, but more than stropping.

It's also a wedge for spitting wood. Scraper, and striker for your firesteel.
I'm sure there are a Ton of uses. I like it alot.

I'll look tonight if it will fit in my 15's sheath. I'm betting they are the same?

I am a fan of the DMT and Ez-Lap dual grit folding hones, but they don't fit in that pocket.
I carry a remora, ferro rod, and small multi-tool in the pocket on mine.

Looks great!!
There is a tiny DMT folder, it doesn't fit? I keep one tethered in my day bag. I also keep a padded nail buffer handy as a mini-strop. 3 grits, hard to beat. Won't fit in the pouch, tho.

What a great knife.

You could always cut a piece of a mouse pad and wrap it in the sandpaper of your choice?
That way you can stash a couple different grits in the pouch.
I find it easy touching up Beckers with a nice fine grit.
Good lookin’ dye job too!

Nice Job ex313 Knife and sheath :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I keep a SAK in the pouch. The 16 and a SAK should be enough to keep you cutting with a good edge till you get home :)
But a DMT folder somewhere with your gear would be an excellent take along :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back