New BK76!!!

On the State and Union Instagram page they say they made roughly 400.
Cool that’s about 200 more BK-76’s made than the 98’s and only about $75 more in cost isn’t bad considering how long ago it was when the 98 was released.

Last edited:
Cool that’s about 200 more BK-76’s made than the 98 and about $75 more in cost isn’t bad considering how long ago it was when the 98 was release.
I ordered one BK98 in late April 2018 for $200, coming to $238.98 with shipping and handling and taxes.

One of the coolest things about this is how KA-BAR was bold enough to take Ethan’s timeless design and move it to a cutting edge steel. That’s the best of the past and the best of the present. To me that means there’s potential for other modern steel applications. I’m all for more tweeners in magnacut, but I’d be just as excited for a BK1 (bring back the Brute!), BK9, BK4, or BK20 in 3V. A 3V BK6 with a .25 blade thickness would be absolutely incredible!

I hope that’s where KA-BAR’s future lies. They should stop messing around with budget-leaning grivory folders and outsourcing manufacturing to China, and continue to tap into their proven classics made in Olean, New York!

Last edited:
I'll stick with my 1095cv BK 16 I have no interest in super steels
To each his own. The BK16 is a great knife!

I would just acknowledge what hhmoore hhmoore pointed out, that this doesn’t seem to be an exact replica of the BK16. According to the KA-BAR website, the blade on this is half an inch bigger. I reached out to KA-BAR to try to get confirmation.

about $75 more in cost isn’t bad considering how long ago it was when the 98 was release.
It's easy for us, as consumers, to balk at a lot of the price increases we're seeing...but the reality is makers' costs have gone up as well. I saw a post by one maker saying that he can't even make a knife for the amount he sold them for a few years ago.

It's easy for us, as consumers, to balk at a lot of the price increases we're seeing...but the reality is makers' costs have gone up as well. I saw a post by one maker saying that he can't even make a knife for the amount he sold them for a few years ago.
No balk here, if you understood what I wrote. I was pointing out the little increase of $75 from the S35vn 98 to the now BK-76 Magnacut isn’t bad at all .

• Blade Length
      • 4.88 inches
      • Blade Steel
      • Magnacut
      • Blade Thickness
      • 0.165 inches
      • Blade Type
      • Fixed Blade
      • Blade Width
      • 1.25 inches
      • Color
      • Blue Denim/Steel
      • Edge Angle
      • Grind
      • Flat
      • Handle Material
      • Blue Denim Canvas Micarta
      • Knife Manufactured In
      • United States
      • Overall Length
      • 9.25 inches
      • Rockwell Hardness
      • 60-62
      • Shape
      • Drop Point
      • Sheath Manufactured In
      • USA
      • Tang Stamp
      • State & Union/BK76 Magnacut
      • Weight
      • 0.35 lb
      • Designed In
      • USA
    View attachment 2547869
Thanks!
Looks awsome!

To each his own. The BK16 is a great knife!

I would just acknowledge what hhmoore hhmoore pointed out, that this doesn’t seem to be an exact replica of the BK16. According to the KA-BAR website, the blade on this is half an inch bigger. I reached out to KA-BAR to try to get confirmation.

If so just another reason to not need it BK-16 is a pretty good balanced knife. But like you said to each the his own . I do kinda like the scales

Nothing scientific here, just grabbed pics of the 16 and the 76 from KA-BAR’s website and manually slid them next to each other to see if anything would be glaringly different with their silhouette. Nothing sticks out, looks very close…

P9sdkgX.jpeg
That micarta is gorgeous! Almost blue jean like. Goes good with the stainless. $275 is steep, but I want one!

I just bought & received a watch I didn't need - I'm out for a while, unless/until something comes along that I just can't talk myself out of.

Back