new camp knife

ok so I think I finally came up with a nice camp knife. This one is differentially tempered with a nice hamon. I hand sanded this particular one to 1200 grit then dunked it to make the hamon pop. I fitted it with an awesome peice of stabilized feathered walnut I got off Bill and matched them with dark brown micarta liners. I am going to send this one off to my sheath guy for him to pattern. I think it came out nice and has a good heft to it. I am going to do a couple of these in the next batch I make. that is steel wool dust on the blade at the close up shot. What do you all think?
DSCN0574_zps290fcfee.jpg
DSCN0573_zps6b8c8ec7.jpg
DSCN0572_zpsa015dc48.jpg
DSCN0569_zpsb307bc47.jpg
21c84251-f448-4cda-adf9-0922c3dd59a3_zpsc0815f40.jpg

Great looking blade Matt! Looks really well balanced for a larger blade. Hamon is awesome....

hmmm......
looks good!
looks like about a 6" blade, 10 3/4 OAL and 5/32" at the spine?

Very nice Matt! Looks like a great camp knife. Your hamons are always impressive.

Very nice!
That handle shape looks really comfortable.
Would really pop with brighter liners like orange or red.
I can't stop looking at it.
Would look good with a satin finish also.
Man, It's beautiful!!!
A winner!!

If you sat there and scaled the length from the 1/4 thong tube you got too much time on your hands Erik! :D

naah - i looked at the pic in your hand to guess handle size - then eyeballed handle to blade ratio in the 4th pic.
originally I thought 5" handle but then I second guessed myself, because most folks seem to think 4 1/2" is a long handle these days.

Matt, excellent blade design & good size handle for us "larger" handed folks . . . . :)
What style sheath are you going with?
Definitely a good size for around the camp or around the property for them "Daym I wish I had a knife with me" moments . . . . .
Be safe.

Nice! Add in an integral lower guard and swedge the blade, and you also have an awesome "tactical" design going on :)

Thanks for the responses guys, I am really liking this design myself. I am thinking it needs a lower hanging belt sheath, maybe a dangler setup

Back