Next batch of CPK sheaths- Input requested

Which model CPK would you most like a Lorien-made sheath for?

• HDFK

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Kephart

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Basic 5

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • FK2

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • LC

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello and greetings, humans;

I'm going to do another batch of sheaths here pretty quick. Wondering if you might take a moment to vote in the poll.

These are for knives currently on hand which I have not made sheaths for yet. I'm in a sheath design headspace, so I'd prefer to not to previously batched sheaths at the moment.

Thanks!

I voted Basic 5 too.

Nathan has 80 in CW + another 800 planned this year. That’s some pretty good odds for new interest in your leather coming up, vs what’s already out there and not being currently made (Knife wise) or scheduled to be made.

Last edited:
My top 3 sheath preferences for the patterns listed above would be:

1) HDFK 😍... a Nathan/Lorien design classic!
2) FK2 😃
3) B5 😀

Unfortunately, I don't have a B5 just yet... (Perhaps later in the year when Nathan get back to running D3V B5 and increases his drops up to ~60 knives) but I do have #1 & #2. ;)

Since I have a HDFK, that is my vote
I voted for the basic 5 because its kind of like the ugly stepchild, let’s give this model a little love.😉
I voted Basic 5 too.

Nathan has 80 in CW + another 800 planned this year. That’s some pretty good odds for new interest in your leather coming up, vs what’s already out there and not being currently made (Knife wise) or scheduled to be made.
Love your sheathes! HDFK needs one, Precious!
My top 3 sheath preferences for the patterns listed above would be:

1) HDFK 😍... a Nathan/Lorien design classic!
2) FK2 😃
3) B5 😀

Unfortunately, I don't have a B5 just yet... (Perhaps later in the year when Nathan get back to running D3V B5 and increases his drops up to ~60 knives) but I do have #1 & #2. ;)
thanks for taking the time to respond, and for everyone else taking the time to cast a vote.
I'm trying to decide on developing a premium sheath for the HDFK, or a slightly less work intensive but really good sheath for the Basic 5. It will likely be both, but one will come first...
I'll give it some thought and start a Trusty Preorder thread for one or the other soon

I started drawing up the plans for a sheath last night. PolRoger PolRoger is right, the HDFK is a true LA/CPK collab and that's a big reason to get going on it. Been meaning to for years, anyway- it's one of my favourite knives.

There will be a trusty preorder thread very soon, and I'm hoping to get at least 8 committed to, so if you're reading this, give it some thought...

I'd love an HDFK one, Lorien. This time, could you design it to allow a clip on the left as well, please ?

I'd love an HDFK one, Lorien. This time, could you design it to allow a clip on the left as well, please ?
I'm not sure I follow, can you show me an example of some kind?

I'm a bit behind on the vote, but I am in for an HDFK as well as a BFK if that materializes. Also, I've been kind of hit or miss on the forum lately so if I miss the preorder thread, please count me in for one.
Thank you!!

from what I understand, the K20 won't be 100% consistent from blade to blade due to the length, width and thickness of the steel, coupled with the demands associated with the Delta heat treatment protocol. I'm happy to make custom one off scabbards for this sword, but will require having each sword on hand to ensure perfect fitment

Reactions: mb>
I'm not sure I follow, can you show me an example of some kind?

My jeans (Wrangler All Terrain) have a deep tool pocket on the right top (instead of a coin pocket), with a clip re-enforcement. So I either carry belt or like this:

i-bWkMXqf-X3.jpg

i-7wfnXKb-X3.jpg

Thanks for your consideration.

Roland.

My jeans (Wrangler All Terrain) have a deep tool pocket on the right top (instead of a coin pocket), with a clip re-enforcement. So I either carry belt or like this:

i-bWkMXqf-X3.jpg

i-7wfnXKb-X3.jpg

Thanks for your consideration.

Roland.
ah, gotcha. There will be mounting holes in that area of the welt on both sides of the sheath. The hole spacing will likely be 3/4" in order to fit a Tecloc, but I'm thinking I'll include a removable belt loop. If your clips will accomodate 3/4" spacing, then we're golden. Otherwise I might rethink it

ah, gotcha. There will be mounting holes in that area of the welt on both sides of the sheath. The hole spacing will likely be 3/4" in order to fit a Tecloc, but I'm thinking I'll include a removable belt loop. If your clips will accomodate 3/4" spacing, then we're golden. Otherwise I might rethink it
Should be no problem. Thanks a lot !

Basic 5 just because the chances are greater for people to get these knives. Just scored mine last sale:)

Back