Not Whining, but would like a definative answer please

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post is not meant to be hostile or whining. I have yet to see you offer an answer as to when first production HEST folders are shipping. As of today I am searching through threads and so far I have seen speculation imagination and depression but no answers.

RYp or Tomso please let us know. In due respect and with 35 years experience in product development manufacturing sales and marketing I have never seen a situation where 1000 passionate fans and customers wait for first knife and with no answer and being behind time line promised, you introduce at a international trade show and taking preorders for knife #2.

So far i have heard about packaging extras for the lucky LE owners,, so what do the 1000 production owners care, and waiting for answer from Tomso but not a real answer to the question when.

I love how cash positive it is to take money, pay manufacturing, then deliver, wow nice if we could get away with that trick in real world ,, NOT.

Please inform your adoring audience when they will get there knives, so far all i have heard are excuses but not redefined time lines for execution on delivery.

Last edited:
I understand that you and many others are frustrated...and you have every right to be. My involvement with Dpx gear never included shipping and that aspect of the project, so i know as much as you...which isn't much. I wish i could give you definitive answer, because you and everyone else deserve it, but i just dont have one.

I understand that you and many others are frustrated...and you have every right to be. My involvement with Dpx gear never included shipping and that aspect of the project, so i know as much as you...which isn't much. I wish i could give you definitive answer, because you and everyone else deserve it, but i just dont have one.

I found this from RYP Yeasterday
Esseeratfan has posted two stupid posts so far based on non events. There are no tracking numbers issued. There are no Mr DP logos on the handle of production runs. Feel free to run him over with a truck if he posts another dumb non-event.

Just a reminder to DPx HEST owners at the SHOT show, swing by Gianni's booth to see th knives and get a free goodie. He tells me the LE's shipped today. We will get them checked, tightened and turned around

11729H is the booth number.

Last edited:
Tomso:

Hope all is well at the show. Thank you for your response, I just don't understand why RYp says he is waiting for you to give us an answer and you say you know nothing.

1) Have the production unit left Italy to DPx

2) Are knives being shipped to retailers from DPx from the US?

I have some info. that I received yesterday from DPx.

Due to the transition from ESEE Knives, new boxes had to be made which has caused a delay in shipping the knives. Lion Steel expects to have the new boxes next week & should have the packaging done by the end of next week at which time they will be shipping them to the USA.

Tomso:

Hope all is well at the show. Thank you for your response, I just don't understand why RYp says he is waiting for you to give us an answer and you say you know nothing.

I think you have Tomso (the man who designed the renderings of the knife and did some of the design work) confused with Gianni from LionSteel. Gianni with Lionsteel did all the production of the knives and is the one responsible for shipping them to the US when they are ready. I think a definitive answer would come from RYP or Gianni, not Tomso.

Tomso:

When did RYP say that he's waiting on Tomso?

Thanks TKC and Texan29 for both your responses. That clearly answers the question, they had to remove ESEE from box and didn't do so immediately on devolution of there partnership. I am disappointed that I had to push to ask for this answer and it didn't come from official sources.

The problem here is we are not dealing with a professional full time company, but a journalist, adventurer, video media sales company that is dabbling with side line building a product company that they 100% outsource its goods and build, managed between traveling the worlds most dangerous places.

In real world business situations world product launches don't get interrupted by CEO trips to the outback of Africa or wherever.

Clearly this is part of the mysticism of this developing DPx brand and we are here watching it. Being first to receive an unique cool knife is part of the second kind of cool of this board I enjoy. I have been involved/ am involved with start ups and get this and do understand the process is never seamless. Lack of answers to 90% of your existing customer base that will be responsible for success of your brand is not good PR policy.

What did the website advertise associated with this brand,, no excuses?

I love how cash positive it is to take money, pay manufacturing, then deliver, wow nice if we could get away with that trick in real world ,, NOT.

Are you suggesting you paid for your knife up front?
My vendor would not even take CC info.
I simply reserved a place, and I'll be queried for payment info when the knives are ready to ship.

Patience, grasshopper.

Are you suggesting you paid for your knife up front?
My vendor would not even take CC info.
I simply reserved a place, and I'll be queried for payment info when the knives are ready to ship.

Patience, grasshopper.

Guyon
I suguest you stick to what you know us LE people paid for our knives over 90 days ago and can not get an answer when we will get them..:thumbdn:

I am hearing that it is MONEY trouble that's maybe why we don't have them yet when Money pulled out we seemed to have got Fu$ked...........:mad:

WE need an answer from you RYP as to when or lion steel.......
This bullshi$ 2 weeks
2 weeks I feel like I want my 2 dollars movie

Guyon
I suguest you stick to what you know us LE people paid for our knives over 90 days ago and can not get an answer when we will get them..:thumbdn:

I am hearing that it is MONEY trouble that's maybe why we don't have them yet when Money pulled out we seemed to have got Fu$ked...........:mad:

WE need an answer from you RYP as to when or lion steel.......

I honestly doubt it would be much different if ESEE was still involved. Shit happens. You will get your knife.
And i have to ask, man, what's with your profile name?

I have paid for both of my knives, to DPX for a LE & knife works for a production version. I do however understand the difficulties of trying to get a project like this done.

I honestly doubt it would be much different if ESEE was still involved. Shit happens. You will get your knife.
And i have to ask, man, what's with your profile name?

My Name says it all.. shit happens

Shit happens all the time too bad us in the real world can not treat or customers like this...WE want an answer as to when we will get what we payed for .

..Payed for
..Payed for GET IT!!!!:D

Niagara... you have never asked me any questions so I am curious why you make the following statement:

"This post is not meant to be hostile or whining. I have yet to see you offer an answer as to when first production HEST folders are shipping. As of today I am searching through threads and so far I have seen speculation imagination and depression but no answers.

RYp or Tomso please let us know. In due respect and with 35 years experience in product development manufacturing sales and marketing I have never seen a situation where 1000 passionate fans and customers wait for first knife and with no answer and being behind time line promised, you introduce at a international trade show and taking preorders for knife #2.

So far i have heard about packaging extras for the lucky LE owners,, so what do the 1000 production owners care, and waiting for answer from Tomso but not a real answer to the question when.

Please inform your adoring audience when they will get there knives, so far all i have heard are excuses but not redefined time lines for execution on delivery."

Some advice
1) I and DPx Gear customer service are easily reachable both via this forum or emails posted here. We respond within 24 hours and much sooner to any requests

2) ESEE knives made an unfortunate and untimely decision which caused major production problems that DPx Gear is happy to deal with but they cause delays. We were on target for delivery.

3) LionSteel and myself are known entities with clear track records in our respective fields. This is not a Bear Grylis in a blisterpack product. This is a very personal, passionate product developed without compromise. I personally made the decision to ADD something to the mix because I wanted more out of the product.

4) There is a tone that some how we have been non communicative. That is frankly bullshit. I posted yesterday within hours after Gianni told me he had shipped the LE knives and I will be just as responsive when I get confirmation that he ships the production model

5) Photos, production, testing along with both critical and positive discussions have been published here, acknowledged and respected my myself. I just don't know how much more interaction you can have with knife owners. Right now I am at SHOT, once again, meeting, discussing, getting feedback and interacting with both the industry and users.

6) We are not taking orders for knife #2 (whatever that is) So please put that factoid back in the dark place you pulled it out from. We will be doing dealer roll ups once everyone has handled and used the DPx HEST and I am very confident that each and every customer will be impressed.

Finally I am not going to make things up or try to smooth over production delays or even support negative rumor mongering. If you don't like something I want to hear it full force but if you make shit up and then complain about it on a public forum, you do no one any benefit.

best

RYP

My Name says it all.. shit happens

Shit happens all the time too bad us in the real world can not treat or customers like this...WE want an answer as to when we will get what we payed for .

..Payed for
..Payed for GET IT!!!!:D

I cant but not notice it...would you be so kind and send me an email with your full name and your BUD/s number please, so i can verify it...

Right now I am at SHOT, once again, meeting, discussing, getting feedback and interacting with both the industry and users.

Yea, sure you are...drinking and chasing hookers:D

So answer the question honestly when will we get the knives.
It is an easy question that requires a date......

I did not do any business with you Tomso.
I have a way we can get along Tomso,

Send me 250.00 us and every 2 weeks I will tell you I am going to ship in 2 weeks. lets see how long that lasts..

What do you say Tomso you in? .......Verify this:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back