How To Ok, this may be weird.

I have recently grabbed my Ontario Air Force knife from out of the gun locker for carry. Problem is, I don’t have a belt! The sheath has no clips, only a loop for a belt. I need a way to wear it on pants without a belt. Is there any clips, or ways to wear the sheath without one?

I have recently grabbed my Ontario Air Force knife from out of the gun locker for carry. Problem is, I don’t have a belt! The sheath has no clips, only a loop for a belt. I need a way to wear it on pants without a belt. Is there any clips, or ways to wear the sheath without one?
Need pictures!

So this is a typical old fashioned leather military sheath with slots to run a belt through, right? And you apparently don't like to wear a belt, so you are trying to figure out how to attach the sheath to your pants without wearing a belt. Am I understanding you properly?

So this is a typical old fashioned leather military sheath with slots to run a belt through, right? And you apparently don't like to wear a belt, so you are trying to figure out how to attach the sheath to your pants without wearing a belt. Am I understanding you properly?
yep.

Numerous clips on the market that would attach with a simple rivet or Chicago screw.

You don't HAVE a belt or you don't WANT a belt? Because belts are cheap and in every Target type store around.

Zieg

Best thing is probably to just buy a belt and wear it properly. Trying rig something like that could result in it getting lost.

Ahh whole different ball game now. Belts?

Belts:

NxNm0b3.jpg

d3ey4G3.jpg

wAACKn3.jpg

s5kHSZl.jpg

f2V5bkI.jpg

fwNY2vD.jpg

Belts and stuff to carry on em too:

MzeRVox.jpg

c7jDPMI.jpg

wylBpnu.jpg

rxMjpEw.jpg

HLgT79M.jpg

eTzev2D.jpg

WsgDEYA.jpg

JRxTpbf.jpg

Handmade belts:

0thGhWX.jpg

KYP55Ml.jpg

8txUir4.jpg

ISzSqzh.jpg

8uUpnv0.jpg

Belts? Gotcha covered.

Ahh whole different ball game now. Belts?

Belts:

NxNm0b3.jpg

d3ey4G3.jpg

wAACKn3.jpg

s5kHSZl.jpg

f2V5bkI.jpg

fwNY2vD.jpg

Belts and stuff to carry on em too:

MzeRVox.jpg

c7jDPMI.jpg

wylBpnu.jpg

rxMjpEw.jpg

HLgT79M.jpg

eTzev2D.jpg

WsgDEYA.jpg

JRxTpbf.jpg

Handmade belts:

0thGhWX.jpg

KYP55Ml.jpg

8txUir4.jpg

ISzSqzh.jpg

8uUpnv0.jpg

Belts? Gotcha covered.

When I grow up that's the kinda craftsmanship I want in the belt I wear:D. Those are gorgeous. The tooling is amazing. One of these days when all my nonsense is over and the funds are in order I think I'm gonna need one.

Last edited:
The only thing I'm thinking of that might be practical would be like a paddle holster, where you have a relatively large "paddle" that sticks inside the waistband of your pants so as to support the sheath. If you really don't want to use a belt, then that would be a good way to wear the sheath. The paddle would be well enough engaged with your pants to be reasonably secure. You could probably make a pretty reasonable paddle out of thick leather and sew it to your sheath.

(a paddle holster is a handgun holster intended to be reasonably secure to your body but reasonably quick to put on / take off, because you don't have to string your belt through it. You just stick the "paddle" inside your waistband. The actual holster rides outside your waistband. If this seems like greek, google "paddle holster" and you will see examples.)

When I grow up that's the kinda craftsmanship I want in the belt I wear:D. Those are gorgeous. The tooling is amazing. One of these days when all my nonsense is over and the funds are in order I think I'm gonna need one.

Thanks.

I want to remember a while back ESEE had a clip plate offered that essentially allowed a standard sheath to be strapped to that plate. That, or making one out of leather with velcro straps would effect the same ideal.

Got my brain working there! :D

Shoulder holster would work. The Galco Miami classic has an adapter for a fixed blade.

Horse right those belts are super nice. Is the holster in the tenth picture yours too?

Shoulder holster would work. The Galco Miami classic has an adapter for a fixed blade.

Horse right those belts are super nice. Is the holster in the tenth picture yours too?

Thanks. Yes thats a crossdraw pancake for a Smith J frame. The fellow BF member I made that for likes it so much he had me make another for his Colts. All the leather in all the pics except for the saddle is ours.

Back