OKC sold. Panic Buy Completed.

I got sp5, 8, 10, rat7, woodsman with DeSantis. What else I shall get to retain the final smell from good old Franklinville?
------
10th , Aug 2023 update:
panic buy done, here they are: SP1,2,5,8,10, RAT7, Woodsman with DeSantis.
Thank you @Dan Maragni

Last edited:

I'd guess anything made in Taiwan and China is possibly safe and blueridge will just keep importing them. that's a guess though....

all the American made stuff I'm guessing is either going to be contracted out to kabar/cutco or someone like that, or made in China if they even keep making them at all. it's all a guessing game at this point. I made all ^this up..its all guesses...

I'd grab the old hickory and American made lines if ya want it....

I'm a regular Machete user and own several 22" blade versions.
Also take you pick on any of the USA made military style knives.

all the American made stuff I'm guessing is either going to be contracted out to kabar/cutco or someone like that,
That would be most welcome. My fear is that the American made ones like the RAT line, and Spec Plus line would either just be discontinued or start being produced overseas with likely inferior materials.

But hey, if it's made by Kabar, they would probably standardize it on the assembly line with the rest of their excellent 1095cv, which could mean Kabar produced RAT knives in 1095cv... I'd bet that thought is keeping the folks at ESEE awake at night. That would bump Ontario's RAT lineup from "also ran" to a serious competitor, assuming that product support is still there and Blue Ridge doesn't alienate the customer base.

That would be most welcome. My fear is that the American made ones like the RAT line, and Spec Plus line would either just be discontinued or start being produced overseas with likely inferior materials.

But hey, if it's made by Kabar, they would probably standardize it on the assembly line with the rest of their excellent 1095cv, which could mean Kabar produced RAT knives in 1095cv... I'd bet that thought is keeping the folks at ESEE awake at night. That would bump Ontario's RAT lineup from "also ran" to a serious competitor, assuming that product support is still there and Blue Ridge doesn't alienate the customer base.
I made that up though.....I doubt it will happen, but if we are lucky brk will find an American maker to keep making the fixed blades

I made that up though.....I doubt it will happen, but if we are lucky brk will find an American maker to keep making the fixed blades
my guess would be that's what they wanted most when they bought the brand......but its just guessing ........

I just ordered the little 9" blade Old Hickory outdoors machete yesterday , and plan to get the orange handled 12" Ontario machete here soon I think it's called the camper?

I'm hoping the machetes move slow enough that I have a couple weeks to make my purchase.

I just ordered the little 9" blade Old Hickory outdoors machete yesterday , and plan to get the orange handled 12" Ontario machete here soon I think it's called the camper?

I'm hoping the machetes move slow enough that I have a couple weeks to make my purchase.
don't worry. there is 2M usd inventory of all sorts sitting in there, which were just purchased by Blue Ridge. Cost of 2M finished goods could result to at least 4M in sales, that could take OKC quite some time to reach.

I got my first Ontario, the kukri, earlier this month and it has been a good chopper.

I just found out less than an hour ago and looked up what I intended to buy next month, the Raider Bowie, and the price has shot up where it is in stock.

I ordered a second kukri a few minutes ago.

OK...I was looking about...seeing it was a smart idea to panic buy an SP-10....oh for those looking Cabelas still has a few with out gouging prices, for how long..don't know.

I saw this on the Amazon...think OKC store? Ontario Knife Company 8695 Machete. Well...it says 5160 on research after I got it...don't know if it was after a switch to 420 HC and no one switched the site labeling or people are unloading their old stocks. I got it assuming it was 420 HC...if it isn't...bonus for me!

Darn, I just heard about this tonight. I might have to pick up a couple things I don't really need now...

Nice job with the sharpening Hickory.. what process did you use to get that done?

Back