Order of KAI Official Hang Out; Part Deux - It's Enrico Palazzo!

Had to share this with someone and, sadly, this is the only place I know where someone might be marginally interested. I've never owned a custom, but have really liked the XMs and thought Dave Curtiss' F3 was an improvement on it. So I've been waiting for his list to open up, watching, watching... etc.. Anyway, yesterday he opened the list for a microsecond for a collaboration version of the F3 with Chris Martin, so it's a "murdered F3," whatever that is. Anyway, I pounced even though I had no idea what the collaboration might look like, and I'm the last guy on the list before he cut it off.

Now I hear that what "the kids are into these days" is stuff along the lines of what Chris Martin does at Phantom Bladeworks (or Steelworks, whatever) so I've been scoping that out. At first it looked godawful, but it's been growing on me as I learned more about it. Afraid I still don't quite know what this knife will look like, but I'm sure if it's an F3 I'll love it. Dave Curtiss says they'll start posting some pics when they get into it a bit. Only about 30 people on the list, so it pays to keep your eyes peeled I guess. Here's a pic of the "basic" F3 (more or less) and Phantom's in-house knife PF-1. I can't imagine what merging these two would look like. The mind boggles!

Curtiss F3.jpgPF-1b.jpg

Update: Yeah, I know the ZT0560 is an improvement on the XM too, but I have one of those and love it.

Last edited:
Had to share this with someone and, sadly, this is the only place I know where someone might be marginally interested. I've never owned a custom, but have really liked the XMs and thought Dave Curtiss' F3 was an improvement on it. So I've been waiting for his list to open up, watching, watching... etc.. Anyway, yesterday he opened the list for a microsecond for a collaboration version of the F3 with Chris Martin, so it's a "murdered F3," whatever that is. Anyway, I pounced even though I had no idea what the collaboration might look like, and I'm the last guy on the list before he cut it off.

Now I hear that what "the kids are into these days" is stuff along the lines of what Chris Martin does at Phantom Bladeworks (or Steelworks, whatever) so I've been scoping that out. At first it looked godawful, but it's been growing on me as I learned more about it. Afraid I still don't quite know what this knife will look like, but I'm sure if it's an F3 I'll love it. Dave Curtiss says they'll start posting some pics when they get into it a bit. Only about 30 people on the list, so it pays to keep your eyes peeled I guess. Here's a pic of the "basic" F3 (more or less) and Phantom's in-house knife PF-1. I can't imagine what merging these two would look like. The mind boggles!

View attachment 373089View attachment 373090

Update: Yeah, I know the ZT0560 is an improvement on the XM too, but I have one of those and love it.

I am excited for that as well! Im pretty sure i just barely snuck on his list. I cant wait. I had one of my customs shredded by chris... So i know first hand that his work is top notch. Also Dave curtiss' work is top notch... So theres no way this could end badly. Im pumped to say the least.

Hey knaughty an dbags you see the new 458 speciale? Looks like a lot of subtle aero changes were made.

Edit: almost forgot just how good octoberfest tastes! The more bottles you drink the better it gets!

Last edited:
I am excited for that as well! Im pretty sure i just barely snuck on his list. I cant wait. I had one of my customs shredded by chris... So i know first hand that his work is top notch. Also Dave curtiss' work is top notch... So theres no way this could end badly. Im pumped to say the least.

Wow, what are the odds? Congrats to you too! Did you order the 3.5 or the 4? The 4 looks a little better proportionately speaking, but not quite as useful for EDC.

Quick question: If I apex the edge at the 100 grit stones, all I need to do with the following stones is remove the previous stones scratch pattern?

Wow, what are the odds? Congrats to you too! Did you order the 3.5 or the 4? The 4 looks a little better proportionately speaking, but not quite as useful for EDC.

I went for the 4". I have always wanted a 4" F3. Im drawn to big blades, so if there's big/small versions of something, I always get the bigger of the two. take my knives... I chose the Grayman Satu over the Dua... the Hinderer XM24 over the XM18...th Strider SMF over the SNG.

I really dont know what it is, but im drawn to large folders. I am a big guy myself, so i can stand trying to hold onto a tiny little knife. But thats my take on it.

I went for the 4". I have always wanted a 4" F3. Im drawn to big blades, so if there's big/small versions of something, I always get the bigger of the two. take my knives... I chose the Grayman Satu over the Dua... the Hinderer XM24 over the XM18...th Strider SMF over the SNG.

I really dont know what it is, but im drawn to large folders. I am a big guy myself, so i can stand trying to hold onto a tiny little knife. But thats my take on it.
it might be the Minnesotan blood, i love big folders as well, and i have mark hands :p

I'm getting all giddy on the inside! I can't wait to order my soon to be Wicked Edge.

I've always wanted to make an edge that I can see the cracks of my teeth in, which is pretty wicked when you think about it. I think this would be the one for me after I get through blowing my money on that custom.

Back