Original Police model grippiness

I like the look of this knife and now it's screw construction which is great but those stainless steel scales look so slippery and there's surprisingly not even jimping on the thumb ramp. Can any users chime in how this compares to the Police 4 lightweight in terms of handling? Thanks

Personally, I rather like the smoothness of the scales on the SS Police, especially for In Waistband Carry. It slides out readily on the draw, and more importantly, you can put it away without it snagging on your shirt or shorts and it doesn't eat your tender skin once it's there. It fits in my hand perfectly, and the contours provide a good grip without the need for jimping or texture.

The lightweight provides a better grip for extended use, but I spend a lot more time carrying mine than using it.

It slides out readily on the draw
I find the Police 4 LW is the perfect balance of staying in my pocket just the right amount as well as drawing easy enough. Is the stainless scale significantly easier? This is not a knife I'd want to lose or have someone see fall out of my pocket and have to hand back to me

I was actually thinking of inside the waistband carry rather than pocket carry. That said, I've never had a SS Police go adrift. The smooth scales are certainly less abrasive to your pockets.

I'm currently carrying a Gen2 S/S Police model and the scales don't feel "slippery" to me. 🤷‍♂️

I've held off getting one for this reason. Wish like hell they'd make a Police in G10 or even FRN but I suppose they don't want to cannibalise other models.

You can always slap some Talon grip on it, that would add a lot of traction.

There was a plan for a G-10 with the saber grind blade, but it got back-burnered due to production problems (family disasters in the Japanese makers). I still have hopes that it will come to fruition once the maker gets back on their feet.

I would prefer if they came without jimping, never had a use for it. If anything it makes ure thumb sore if u do a big job with one.

I actually sanded away the jimping on one of my Delicas:

5wKiprHh.jpg

Back