Paragee - Great Knife, Great Deal!

StoneDog

Gold Member
Wow! This is my second Outdoor Edge / Edge Tech knife and I couldn't be happier.

I picked up the half-serrated version at a Remington store in Dawsonville, Georgia. It was on sale for $34.99 and I just couldn't resist. Scarey sharp, fantastic lockup (after tightening the pivot a bit) and ZERO blade play. I've only used it a little - mostly trimming suckers off of the younger trees in my yard - but it sure did make me smile. I personally like AUS-8 better than ATS-34/154 CM, although it doesn't hold an edge quite as long I find it easier to sharpen. The stone washed finish gives the knife a unique look and will hide the inevitable scratches that a well-used knife collects. The grind lines and just about perfect, bevels are better than most of the higher-dollar factory knives I own, and you can't beat the hollow grind and slight recurve.

I know this knife has been out a while now, but I'm just getting back into pocket knives so this is quite a treat, especially for only $35. Thanks guys!

Jon / StoneDog
(formerly Ghecko)

Stone Dog, Couldn't agree more. I picked up a Paragee at the Blade Show last June, and it has been a favorite of mine ever since. Outdoor Edge gives a great deal of knife for the money. Where in Dawsonville is the Rem. store? I go trout fishing up that way all the time, and if the fish aren't biting, I could at least go knife shopping!:D

It's in the big outlet mall on GA-400, towards the back. Not sure the deals are any better than the Remington stores at "regular" malls, but it's a welcome diversion when the wife is bargain hunting.

Jon

Back