Pivot screw question

Gizler00

Gold Member
Hey guys, just picked up my first xm-18 and I'm pretty excited about it. I want to get some standoffs in copper and was looking for a matching pivot screw but had no luck.

Do you guys think that the bronze would math up well to the copper? I realize that the copper is going to patina and change color over time.

If not, I might just leave the stock on in there.

Can't wait to really put this thing to use.

Thanks in advance.

Copper is too soft for certain applications. As you mention, Copper patinas over time whether it "matches" I dunno (I'm color blind anyway) I think it would get close
I know my Copper accessories are very dark.
You may want to go Ano and completely different as an accent.
No matter what. Enjoy!
Wharnies are a personal Favorite of mine for EDC.

Copper is too soft for certain applications. As you mention, Copper patinas over time whether it "matches" I dunno (I'm color blind anyway) I think it would get close
I know my Copper accessories are very dark.
You may want to go Ano and completely different as an accent.
No matter what. Enjoy!
Wharnies are a personal Favorite of mine for EDC.

Thanks for the reply. I like the look of copper. I might just get the standoffs and LBS. then switch it up in the future when I get bored.

Man I love how these things are totally customize them to your liking.

Thanks for the reply. I like the look of copper. I might just get the standoffs and LBS. then switch it up in the future when I get bored.

Man I love how these things are totally customize them to your liking.

Yes, it's actually quite amazing how different one can make the same knife look with very little effort.

Back