Plate Carrier + Plate Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ooitzoo

Gold Member
I'll apologize in advance if this belongs somewhere else. I struggled between G&G and Practical Tactical and this won out.

I've been considering getting a couple plate carriers & plates. This morning I got an email advert for these: https://shop.tacticalshit.com/chase...socc-low-pro-carrier-two-ar1000-plates-bundle

I'm not terribly familiar with plates / carriers so I have the following (admittedly n00b) questions:
* Are the above plates / carrier worthwhile?
* If not, why not and what would you recommend?
* What is that makes a plate carrier good vs not?
* Ar1000 seems like a credible company so is their representation (i.e., this will stop .308) credible?
* The above represents my thought-process on the matter. Is there anything I've missed and should consider as part of this decision?

Any advise / ideas are highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

The people with plate carriers, get shot first.

It isn't 308 you need to worry about. It's things like 300 Win mag, 30-06, 450 Bushmaster, 270 Winchester, 7mm Rem mag.

People will make it a game to see who can crack the egg first.

You'd be tempting fate like you wouldn't believe.

Research the concept of, 'Grey Man'.

Just to be clear, are you going on holiday somewhere dangerous? What's the common rifle calibre there?
No -- I want the plate carrier just in case. I have no intention of visiting a war zone.
The people with plate carriers, get shot first.

It isn't 308 you need to worry about. It's things like 300 Win mag, 30-06, 450 Bushmaster, 270 Winchester, 7mm Rem mag.

People will make it a game to see who can crack the egg first.

You'd be tempting fate like you wouldn't believe.

Research the concept of, 'Grey Man'.
Thanks

Well if you're just wanting to have them for fun you need the Crye Precision JPC if it was me I'd get one in Multicam and one in Ranger Green.

For plates there are some affordable ones on Ali Express.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back