Pro Series Turbulence

So, Tim, any chance of a smooth handled version somewhere down the line?

I am excited for any version of this knife, but a smooth flowing one would be awesome.

Will kershaw make this model as well?

I believe so. It's driving me crazy at the moment because I'm having a senior moment and I'm not quite 40 yet!! I know the name of the Kershaw version and can picture it in my head, but I can't for the life of me remember it right now. I've searched a bit and will look some more. I'll post pics here if I can dig them up. The Kershaw prototyope is all black as I recall with a smooth handle. Can't remember blade steel at the moment.

Here is the pic. G-10 handle, MSRP $109.95 No release set as of yet. Name is the TG-1 as of right now.

TG1.jpg

Last edited:
Any thoughts on the pros/cons of the upswept blade?

Pros?......It looks wicked!!:D Seriously, makes for a nice belly for smooth slicing. It can also help if you need to "rock" the knife blade back and forth during a cut.

Cons, I can't think of anything serious enough to keep me from wanting one!;)

Pros?......It looks wicked!!:D Seriously, makes for a nice belly for smooth slicing. It can also help if you need to "rock" the knife blade back and forth during a cut.

Cons, I can't think of anything serious enough to keep me from wanting one!;)

LOL. Yeah, thanks man. It does look awesome, but I've just never used a blade with a style similar to this. Not too long after posting though, I went ahead and sent my e-mail for one:thumbup: Apparently I couldn't think of anything that would keep me from wanting this beautiful blade either. ;) This will be my first Galyean. I can't wait!

You will NOT be disappointed. Tim's Pro Series knives are as slick as just about any custom I've ever handled or owned.:thumbup: The IKBS makes flipping the blade almost effortless and fit and finish are absolutely top notch.

These should be really nice.

EDIT: WHOA!, just realized this was my 4000th post. I need to get a hobby or somethin':D:D

LOL. Yeah, thanks man. It does look awesome, but I've just never used a blade with a style similar to this. Not too long after posting though, I went ahead and sent my e-mail for one:thumbup: Apparently I couldn't think of anything that would keep me from wanting this beautiful blade either. ;) This will be my first Galyean. I can't wait!

Getting close on these guys! I will be putting the first few together next week.

This is one of those designs that may look strange in a picture, but totally makes sense ergonomically once you hold it. If you like the way the JYD cuts, you will like this knife. It is similar in that the blade curves throughout the entire length. The tip is centered in the grip well and has a more acute tip for fine detail work.

Sounds great Tim!:thumbup: Can't wait to get a hold of this one. Sounds like you've been a busy boy:D

Tim - Thanks for the update! I'm really looking forward to this one as well!

I have one small request though - could you please stop making knives that look and function so good that I need to buy two of them? Jeez!! ;)

Maybe if they were ugly, I could only buy one!!

Tim -

Do you have any pics of the final production Turbulence? Will they have the stonewashed blade finish?

Thanks!

- Jim

I will get some pictures up very soon. Putting the first ones together now. Yes, they will have a stonewashed blade just like the Pro Series JYD.

I will get some pictures up very soon. Putting the first ones together now. Yes, they will have a stonewashed blade just like the Pro Series JYD.

Sweet - I'm looking forward to seeing them! I love the semi-polished feel of the JYD blade.

Back