Project #635 in the books and in the mail

TMHunt

Knifemaker/Moderator
I had a order from a gentleman some time ago, wanted a matching M-18 and Yuma. Curly maple with matching sheaths with the M-18 having mounting points and a baldrick carry adapter. Well, here she is, I'm glad to get this one finished up. I ran a little over the time I told him i'd have it for him. He has been very gracious and patient, and I appreciate that very much. Its a very nice set, and hope he likes it as much as I do.
2013-07-22181026_zps0db07f2a.jpg
2013-07-22181151_zpsc8233d73.jpg
2013-07-22181102_zps350ccb3b.jpg
2013-07-22181230_zpsf9619117.jpg
2013-07-22180622_zpsbc6fb4ad.jpg

By the way, the #635 is the customers badge # pretty cool I think.

They're impressive pieces for sure! The baldric adapter is really solid and simple, loads of great mounting options for the sheath. Of course the M-18 is just awesome! The Yuma is a great workhorse. I wonder why the guy didn't go for a Tradewater, but now that I realize it's a combo the Yuma makes more sense. Another fine example of the great work you can do when I'm not in the way Todd.

In October I'm going to have to have MistWalker take a family photo... These are damn smexy sir!

They're impressive pieces for sure! The baldric adapter is really solid and simple, loads of great mounting options for the sheath. Of course the M-18 is just awesome! The Yuma is a great workhorse. I wonder why the guy didn't go for a Tradewater, but now that I realize it's a combo the Yuma makes more sense. Another fine example of the great work you can do when I'm not in the way Todd.

HMMM... Maybe needs a " Magua " to make a complete set :thumbup:

Last edited:
love the curly maple, that would be what I would want on mine! just got to save those pennies

That's a great looking set. Like that m18 baldric sheath. Great work :thumbup:

Thanks for all the praise guys. I really liked this set a lot. As a matter of fact, if I ever get around to making myself a set, It wont be far from these. My personal tastes resemble these quite a bit. I love making all sorts of styles, but to make something that is new but still has a old style patina look to it is actually harder than you think. my favorite projects are ones that looked like they where made with fine craftsmanship and quality 100 to 200 years ago. I think this set nails it. Congradulations to the owner, it was a pleasure working with you, hope to do more in the future!

Thanks for all the praise guys. I really liked this set a lot. As a matter of fact, if I ever get around to making myself a set, It wont be far from these. My personal tastes resemble these quite a bit. I love making all sorts of styles, but to make something that is new but still has a old style patina look to it is actually harder than you think. my favorite projects are ones that looked like they where made with fine craftsmanship and quality 100 to 200 years ago. I think this set nails it. Congradulations to the owner, it was a pleasure working with you, hope to do more in the future!

Just a thought... The set needs a name..HMMMM ??

2013-07-22181026_zpsbaa55351.jpg

" The Frontiersmen "

Or

" The Bushwackers "

Urban Dictionary: Bushwacker
" Someone who uses surprise tactics to overtake their opponent." :D

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I've been somewhat reluctant posting too much info about myself.. But, I'm retired & not running for any " Political Office " ( PERRO Danger ) :eek:

So, here's a few photos of my " Toys ".

My old Rolling Block, 50 cal Muzzleloader, on top of my " Magic Chair " :)
IMG_1008_edited-1_zps46dde008.jpg

IMG_1010_edited-1_zps401bf666.jpg

M-18 / Yuma / Custom Possibles Bag / Custom Carving Hook Knife / Custom Forged Viking Axe.

IMG_1011_edited-1_zpsdea6c713.jpg

First Impressions : Both fit my hand nicely , & well balanced

IMG_1014_edited-1_zps53c81adc.jpg

I might order another " Baldric Adapter " , as it could be used for a " Variety " of other Belt loop holder for: Tools / Knives / Axe- Hatchet Carry.

That is one sweet looking set, wow. :thumbup:

Just a few more photos, with my intended gear.
IMG_1023_edited-1_zps5f2a380f.jpg

Snakes Skin Backed Bows: Traditional Flat Bow & Horsebow w/Curved out Tips (Semi-recurve) / Traditional Style Quivers.

IMG_1027_edited-1_zpsf4bfde32.jpg

TM Hunt Knives, alongside my older Traditional Styled Knives

The " TM Hunt Knives ", blend in very nicely ;)

Last edited:
Back