Attention Redmeadow Email Newsletter (Dibs, Sales, Etc..)

The generosity amongst the crew in this subforum never ceases to amaze me. You guys are great. Waiting to hear back about the last Cowbell now.

Last one was taken, a big thank you to everyone. We'll draw for the Giveaway knife tomorrow!

Last edited:
Congrats Duane J on the Giveaway!

I sent out an email and thought I'd get fancy pants and try a template. .......and somehow screwed up the subject line, it's titled Abandoned Cart, Clean Design lol, yeah I suck at that kind of stuff:rolleyes:

I had to look that one up, I like it! 🤣

View attachment 2464866
I guess it fits, I always thought of a wingbat as someone that's just kind of off. Like their fuel mixture isn't quite right, these are 100 percent functional but without scales are a bit of a... well, a wingbat😁

I love the industrial look of it. It also looks like it has a slim profile that carries well.
They start out as .10", I try to upset the edges of the handle so they are a little thicker around the perimeter so the center of the handle is thinner. Forging thin steel is difficult because it loses heat so fast and buckles really easy. It's really helped improve my forging skills because you really have to control your strikes.

Dingus is the other one I was considering, you guys pick. Dingus or Wingbat?

Let me see if I can set up a poll lol

Polls up.

What to call the little brut de forge knives like the one in the giveaway.

I felt like an idiot yesterday. In my haste to make the list and number the 49 names to draw from, I missed the fact that the winner's nsme I drew sent a reply from the Newsletter that was a thanks for the chance and not an entry. I redrew a name and got a new winner, Congrats to Bob Q on the win! It'll be goin out tomorrow to the Great White North!

(Oh and in case you didn't notice, there's a poll up top for what to call these brut de forge style knives)

Back