• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Rifle Scabbard

Horsewright

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Offered for sale, a lever action rifle scabbard. Handcrafted from USA tanned, heavy Wicket and Craig saddle leather. This scabbard has been hand tooled with a basket stamp pattern. The straps are heavy water buffalo leather and the buckles are an antique brass. Sized to fit most un scoped lever actions such as Marlins ,Brownings and Winchesters etc with up to a 20 inch barrel and a standard lever loop. It won't fit some of the newer rifles with the large loop lever. I do make scabbards for those but they are a special order. Don't have a saddle horse? Not to worry. These scabbards work great hanging from the back of a seat or many of my rancher friends stick one between the seats in their pickup. My unique design incorporates slots for the straps. I have and looked at a lot of scabbards when designing this and strap attachment was often a weak point. Often just a patch riveted on, held the straps and this was a weak point, that patch would rip or wear out and ya couldn't repair it. Plus the rivets could scratch up your gun. There are a lot of cheap, flimsy scabbards out there for a lot less money, made out of some imported leather like material. This is the real deal, made by the real deal for the real deal. As always questions and comments are welcome. Price $320 plus shipping, around $30 depending on where you’re at. Contact me here or PM me. Thanks for looking!

ilS52tq.jpg

XWdzoVF.jpg

QMup5am.jpg

Exta long straps allow room for a wide variety of attachments:

ITlpGB5.jpg

7am4dxo.jpg

There are brass rivets at the throat and at the toe for reinforcement at these wear areas. They are positioned so that they can not contact your rifle.

Vqa3bi2.jpg

qiPDLbt.jpg

Last edited:
While I don't have a need for something like this, I have to commend you on the craftsmanship. If someone needs one of these, I can't see being able to obtain another quite as nice. Top notch and great work.
Thank you sir for the kind words!

Really nice! I use a leather scabbard for toting rifles on my snowmachine because they aren’t brittle in really cold weather, and on an atv because leather is quiet. Lots of uses! Like all of your posted work- this looks awesome.

I don't have the right rifle, horse or even pickup for that, but maaaaaan is it bloody cool. Fantastic work, sir!
Thank you sir for the kind words!

Really nice! I use a leather scabbard for toting rifles on my snowmachine because they aren’t brittle in really cold weather, and on an atv because leather is quiet. Lots of uses! Like all of your posted work- this looks awesome.
I could sure see where leather would provide some advantages in those situations. Thank you!

Back