Roland Stromberg aka Spiderknives

He is a swedish guy making few but unbelievably nice knifes out of natural materials, mammoth tusks, gold and silver. Is he known in the US or anywhere outside of Sweden? He is from where I grew up.

I want to buy one of his knifes, anyone would be fine, but they are a bit out of my current price range if you know what I mean.

Have you heard of him? Does anyone have a knife from him.

http://spiderknives.nu/index.htm

//Jay

I haven't seen his work lately, but of all the Scandinavian makers, his work impressed me the most. I almost got one of his 'available' knives a couple of years ago, but I waited a day too long. Top-shelf work.

Thanks for the reminders. His 'Knife of the Month' stops in 2004. Has he stopped taking orders?

Coop

Thanks for the reminders. His 'Knife of the Month' stops in 2004. Has he stopped taking orders?

Coop

He makes mostly to order now I think. I heard that there was a guy ordering almost a full year of "knives of the month", before they were even made. After that he stopped making knifes of the month and just makes knives on specific customer orders.

They are awesome looking knives. And if there is any available ones they sell fast, really fast.
//Jay

I heard that there was a guy ordering almost a full year of "knives of the month", before they were even made.
I am pretty certain I knew the dealer. He was stifling to Roland and others in this regard. No surprise he's out of business now.... :thumbdn:

Let us know if you do!

Coop

He is a swedish guy making few but unbelievably nice knifes out of natural materials, mammoth tusks, gold and silver. Is he known in the US or anywhere outside of Sweden? He is from where I grew up.

I want to buy one of his knifes, anyone would be fine, but they are a bit out of my current price range if you know what I mean.

Have you heard of him? Does anyone have a knife from him.

http://spiderknives.nu/index.htm

//Jay
I have one of his knives from 2002 I was looking for some history and value of it

Asking for information/history is fine; but, as a registered member, you are not allowed to ask about value.

Back