• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SCAMMER ALERT!! KEITH JANOWICZ, aka FingerBlade scammed me in a trade.

Some people are very trustworthy and most everyone I have had interaction with on blade forums has been great. Don't let a moron like Keith ruin your hobby or make you scared to do what you enjoy. I won't stop trading knives because this idiot committed a federal offense and scammed us with mail fraud. I will be more careful about who I choose to trade with and if I have questions about them ask them to ship first.

There are a lot of great people, and honest trustworthy people on here and Keith janowicz mail fraud con man won't change that. Keep doing what you enjoy.

Now I am afraid to trade. You can't trust anybody.

This is incorrect. This community is built upon trust. You trust that a knife you buy from a company is made from the steel you see stamped on the blade. You trust that the item you buy will perform as suggested, etc. the majority of the transactions here have been positive for folks across the board. When things go sideways, people are still forgiving to a large extent. When they need help from us, they post here and then we try to intervene not with threats but asking for an explanation. The knife community on Bf is fairly self regulating, word travels fast when deals go bad and folks have a long memory.

I'm really sorry to hear this guy's. People like that just make you sick! I really don't know how they live with themselves. I know for me and probably most everyone on here, it's not about money or how much you can make on a knife sale ect. It's about sharing a common interest that we love. Hope you all get things worked out somehow.

Now I am afraid to trade. You can't trust anybody.

I feel sorry for people who think and act like this. ^^^

Take 15 minuets of your time and observe nationwide credit statistics. As a matter of fact ~75% of creditors are above 600, ~56% are above 700. Most people are low risk. As a matter of fact, BF has a well designed, transparent, and time tested vetting system to assist with dealing with higher risk people, those below 600.

Trading on BFs has it's risks, but painting navigable risks and occasional assholery as absolutely trustless is simply factually incorrect and blatantly uninformed.

Hopefully cooler heads understand this and don't fall victim to such trading cynicism.

Keith F Janowicz was born in 1983. Keith currently lives in Dracut, Massachusetts. Before that, Keith lived in Nashua, NH from 2005 to 2006. Before that, Keith lived in Lowell, MA in 2004.

Keith just ruined it for himself in regards to future employment. All someone has to do is google his name and this bladeforums thread is almost top on the list.

I really hope this gets sorted out FLymon and mikethemayt. I haven't had an experience like this but something but have had stuff stolen. People on the forums are very trustworthy but there are always, everywhere you go, people who just want to rip other people off. I hope Keith gets whats coming to him. Dont let this deal stop you from interacting with other enjoyable people on the forum guys! Keep trying, dont let that loser win!

Last time I checked Keith janowicz scammer mail fraud con man was number 5 in google searches. Great job Keith.

I feel sorry for people who think and act like this. ^^^

Take 15 minuets of your time and observe nationwide credit statistics. As a matter of fact ~75% of creditors are above 600, ~56% are above 700. Most people are low risk. As a matter of fact, BF has a well designed, transparent, and time tested vetting system to assist with dealing with higher risk people, those below 600.

Trading on BFs has it's risks, but painting navigable risks and occasional assholery as absolutely trustless is simply factually incorrect and blatantly uninformed.

Hopefully cooler heads understand this and don't fall victim to such trading cynicism.

Take it easy Alfred , you don't even know me. I have had no problems trading on here. Attack someone else.

I live about an hour away and if I thought a knock on the door would help I would be knocking. But the best way is to have LE handle this. You may have to scream and yell a bit to get the Police involved but the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" so start with dispatch and yell all the way to the Chief's office if you have to!!

Here is a few quotes from Keith expressing his feelings about a few of his fellow scam artists in these very Feedback Forums.

Thats it......this scummbagg is just gonna get away with it..wow horrible!

BIG BLUE is the reason everything changed for the better here. once that little turd thought someone closeby could penetrate his untouchable bubble he farted in fear and all that bs about being sorry n crap spewed from his lyin arse. Bottom line , he was afraid of getting his arse beat! or his mom read his emails ..one or the other. glad everything worked out for you guys....this time!

What happened to you Keith?
Have you decided to join the other side?
Assuming you ever really believed any of this, how does it feel to hear your own words turned against you?

Look Keith, you have our knives and we have nothing, and you have provided no proof anything was ever sent.
I don't know why you did it.
Maybe you have a sick kid, or other relative. Maybe you're a crackhead or some other kind of addict. Maybe your just a "lyin arse, little turd, scummbagg" thief?

You can just send our knives back and get yourself "off the hook" in all likelihood with any authorities. How you live with doing stuff like this is between you and the mouse in your pocket, I really don't care.

Just know this.
When I sent my end of the trade out, I did it because if I never saw it again, or anything that you promised, I wouldn't care. For myself.
I do however feel a sense of duty to this community to protect the membership here from you doing this to anyone else if I can.
So you see if were just me, you would be in the clear. But it's not just me.

I am really beginning to resent you Keith. Not for stealing my knife, but for causing me to have to deal with you beyond just stealing my knife.
As you know, I know you (and the Janowicz name) are no stranger to local law enforcement. Don't make me have to start bothering them with your antics again.
Just explain yourself, and tell us how you plan to make this right so we can resolve this and move on.
Please.

According to the Email i recieved from Fingerblade:

There was vertical play on the sebenza and he sent it to someone (steve?) to see if it could be fixed. that person told him it was flipped beyond repair and Fingerblade says he would be sending it back to mikethemayt on Dec.15.
He maintains that he sent Flymons back already and there was just a delay.

Fingerblade now has 4 more days to take care of this before he will be banned.
He needs to contact you guys or myself with proof or your items need to show up before then.

There was vertical play on the sebenza and he sent it to someone (steve?) to see if it could be fixed. that person told him it was flipped beyond repair and Fingerblade says he would be sending it back to mikethemayt on Dec.15.

He needs to contact you guys or myself with proof or your items need to show up before then.

Karda, I am glad you got a response from him, although his claims are completely untrue. I also sent him a new green endura and additional items that I demanded he send back (skull bead lanyard, county comm widgey pry bar). If you here anything else from him can you inquire about that as well? He will not respond to myself or Flymon, and I do not want to leave him with anything I sent.

Thanks very much for your help with this.

And why in the world is he sending my Sebenza out to some guy named Steve?

Ridiculously frustrating.

I am really sorry, guys, that you got hit like this. I did the ultimate sin and traded with a young fellow with zero feedback and one or two posts, and he is as honest as the day is long. If this guy is a crook, I wish someone would throw him in jail. It really hurts all of us.
I think I lose money on just about every deal I make anyway. I can't afford to take a hit like we're talking about.

Karda, I am glad you got a response from him, although his claims are completely untrue. I also sent him a new green endura and additional items that I demanded he send back (skull bead lanyard, county comm widgey pry bar). If you here anything else from him can you inquire about that as well? He will not respond to myself or Flymon, and I do not want to leave him with anything I sent.

Thanks very much for your help with this.

I've inquired about those items and urged Fingerblade to make contact and arrangements.

I've inquired about those items and urged Fingerblade to make contact and arrangements.

Well I have heard nothing from him either, but I will sit tight and wait the week out and see what happens.
If he contacts me I will let you know.

Thanks, Karda

He's not going to get away with it. Either the post master will work on the case, or I'd call the local PD and file theft charges.

Back