Show us your Charlie Campagna SFOs

Blood Reds

lqFYHC5.jpg

Someone's been looking through this thread, and posted a "like" for these pics!!!
(From 4 years ago) They are so nostalgic for me, I thought I'd repost them here; they show old Boiley, the first TC out of a tube, and one of its creative influences, the NYK, which I consider one of the most perfect, old Barlows!!TC parentage 1.jpgTC parentage 2.jpgTC parentage 3.jpg

yes!!! that is a most apt description for it! almost a petrified wood like appearance. believed this were supposed to be amber sawcut right? looks almost smooth 😍
I experimented with a forced patina, using hot cider vinegar. In the second attempt I soaked the whole knife!! It raised a grain/roughened the bone, so I had to sand it smooth - lightly!! What you see is was I got!! The hot bath spawned the name,old Boiley!! 😲 🤣

I experimented with a forced patina, using hot cider vinegar. In the second attempt I soaked the whole knife!! It raised a grain/roughened the bone, so I had to sand it smooth - lightly!! What you see is was I got!! The hot bath spawned the name,old Boiley!! 😲 🤣

i was about to say maybe Bill changes the saw blade every 10 years or so for the machine that cuts the handle slabs! 😂

So that bone handle when soaked in hot vinegar makes it look like the grain of an old oak tree or any wood for that matter.

Back