Show us your Randalls

Guys,

I'll borrow a camera to end your confusion and speculation. Until then, I had to double check the knife because what Melvin said made sense....until I looked at the guard. It's thick, oblong brass with two flared thong holes in it just like the #18. The blade has the #18 sawback grind as well. The handle is indeed full tang (visible only from the spine) with the single finger grip in a beautiful natural canvas micarta.
Pics tomorrow.

Guys,

I'll borrow a camera to end your confusion and speculation. Until then, I had to double check the knife because what Melvin said made sense....until I looked at the guard. It's thick, oblong brass with two flared thong holes in it just like the #18. The blade has the #18 sawback grind as well. The handle is indeed full tang (visible only from the spine) with the single finger grip in a beautiful natural canvas micarta.
Pics tomorrow.

Thank you. As a newcomer to Randalls, I am really interested in seeing the rare ones. I have much to learn.

Guys,

Pics tomorrow.

I thought the #18 was the ONLY hollow handle Randall made. Maybe it is a different model with a #18 blade grind? Now I am curious to see it. Pics please! :D

A #18...

Hi Arakiel, it's been a month since your last post on the matter - have you had a chance to take those photos yet?

1_18_SW.jpg

AV8R, could you please tell me what the top knife in the 4th photo is?

That is a model 11, Alaskan Skinner with a 5" blade. Feels great in the hand, classic Randall.

23onBunker2.jpg

25-left.jpg

25-5.jpg

14M-1.jpg

That is a model 11, Alaskan Skinner with a 5" blade. Feels great in the hand, classic Randall.
Thank you. Another one I need to pay attention to.

Just for comparison, I took some pics of the handles of my 19 and 25 side by side. The stag looks about as different as 2 pieces of stag can get.

25-19Handles.jpg

25-19Handles2.jpg

25-19Handles4.jpg

25-19Handles3.jpg

My two #8`s. Old Style in stag, and standard style in ivorite with a compass in the end of the handle.

011-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

Last edited:
John I hate to ask this but can you post a pic of the spines. I'm trying to wrap my brain around those grinds.

Ok, guys. I finally bought a camera and managed to take a few shots. I hope this ends the speculation and confusion surrounding my previous description. If anyone has any insight into what this is, please let me know!

gedc0019v.jpg

gedc0020b.jpg

gedc0023y.jpg

gedc0024g.jpg

gedc0026v.jpg

gedc0027m.jpg

gedc0028h.jpg

gedc0029.jpg

gedc0043.jpg

gedc0047h.jpg

Beautiful knife. My first thought is that it is a 16. Of course Samael and Melvin Purvis will be along shortly to tell me that I'm wrong.

Back