SMALLS (Traditionals only)

Nice Empire. Obviously targeted at the well-heeled genteel crowd. What is stamped on the bolster? I wonder if a jeweler put the bolsters and scales on this.
For sure! I wish I knew what the catalog price was on that one in today's dollars... I do carry that one when I go to fancy parties / gatherings just so it has the same treatment a century later 😁 It does say "PAT APL'D" on the bolster

EMP-1C.JPG

I'm going to put this on my key chain for a while.

w9tXIng.jpg

Here is a small H & B Jack that makes me feel protective - like holding a newborn baby!!!
At only 2 5/8" my fingers feel like clumsy sticks, just trying to hold it; a good knife for small, dainty hands - not mine!!
Very well made by Humason & Beckley Mfg.Co, New Britain, Conn., they made other smaller hardware items from 1852 to 1916!! They sold out to LF & C in 1912, but the tang stamp was used until 1916 apparently!!
Nice pearl handles, it has well-ground blades with half-stops and functions very well after all these years - over 100!!!!H n B 1.jpgH n B 2.jpg

Here is a small H & B Jack that makes me feel protective - like holding a newborn baby!!!
At only 2 5/8" my fingers feel like clumsy sticks, just trying to hold it; a good knife for small, dainty hands - not mine!!
Very well made by Humason & Beckley Mfg.Co, New Britain, Conn., they made other smaller hardware items from 1852 to 1916!! They sold out to LF & C in 1912, but the tang stamp was used until 1916 apparently!!
Nice pearl handles, it has well-ground blades with half-stops and functions very well after all these years - over 100!!!!View attachment 2524608View attachment 2524609
Beautiful Charlie, handle with care. :)

Pt-Luso Pt-Luso

C70yGYNQ_o.jpg

Extra nice, love the two-tone color. :thumbsup:
Just too cool, Trav! :cool:
I took this for the Stockman Sunday Picture Show, but it works here too!
A trio of smalls, ranging from 2 5/8" to 2 3/4":
Case 6333 SS
Case 6327 SS
Schrade+ (USA) 807UH
All three have clip, sheepsfoot, and pen blades.

53579642321_460c0f901c_b.jpg
Wow, terrific trio, Ace! Simply exquisite red bone.

Last edited:
Back