Smoking

You'll be fine. Gotta have something near to open all those cheetos and cookie bags.

Oh wait.. Are we talking cigarettes here??

Last edited:
2 packs Camel non filters a day when I was working...... Plus chew, dip, cigars.......I like em all.........

Everyone has to die somehow, I've been sober 30 years.. I'll keep my other habits...........

Oh and started smoking in 3rd grade 9 years old.......

My favorite statement to my Ex wife when she complained about me smoking was its 5 less minutes I have to spend with you now and.3 minutes at the of my life.....šŸ˜‰

I quit smoking cigarettes over 36 years ago by starting to smoke a Pipe. I have been smoking my Pipe exclusively since then. I know that Pipe Tobacco is a purer form of tobacco without all of the chemicals and additives that are added to cigarettes currently. With a Pipe there are many different tobaccoā€™s available, some more Aromatic than others. I doubt very seriously that your knifeā€™s would object being around them, as well as others that you happen to be smoking around. It is definitely a stress reducer and a more relaxing form of smoking. Welcome to the Forum!!

Captain Black is an awful smoke, but smells amazing, itā€™s like an aromatic desert, with all that vanilla. I love when someone packs a bowl with that, but I know how sticky and wet it is to actually smoke lol.

Captain Black is an awful smoke, but smells amazing, itā€™s like an aromatic desert, with all that vanilla. I love when someone packs a bowl with that, but I know how sticky and wet it is to actually smoke lol.
Captain Black does have a wonderful aroma, Iā€™ve always preferred a more natural Burley Tobacco with a slight Casing/flavoring. I know most people usually start with an aromatic like CB, and then progress to other blends, and then there are some that smoke aromatics exclusively. Thatā€™s what is so unique about Pipe smoking, there are tobaccoā€™s suited to each individualā€™s taste.

2 packs Camel non filters a day when I was working...... Plus chew, dip, cigars.......I like em all.........

Everyone has to die somehow, I've been sober 30 years.. I'll keep my other habits...........

Camel non filters were my go to for a number of years before I switched to Marlboro reds due to availability and price.

But I get that mentality. Iā€™m clean and sober myself (thank God for Bill and Dr Bob), but I donā€™t see my cigarettes going anywhere. We all gotta go sometime, and Iā€™ve yet to lose jobs, crash trucks, ruin relationships, or get arrested over a smoke. Canā€™t say the same for some of my old addictions.

Welcome to the forum. The short answer is that indoor smoking will damage many matƩriels used in making knives and accessories. Some damage my be reversible, others, not so much.

I own several cold steel knives and I am partial to the Code 4 with a Tanto blade. I like it so much that when I lost it in the house, I bought another one. I did finally find the first in my recliner. I also have a Recon and Finn Wolf. The Finn Wolf was bought used, it actually came with the Recon, and had previously been abused. It is a great knife to teach others how to sharpen, and to try new techniques and stones prior to using them on a ā€œGoodā€ knife.

Just fyi I only have 2 safe queens, one used in WWII by my uncle, and a Boker.

Enjoy the hobby, and try not to go bankrupt by going down any rabbit holes. Do as I say, not as I do :) šŸ˜Ž

There is a lot of good information in the stickies above, and the members really do care about each other, that is why they have jumped on the no smoking bandwagon. There is always a lot of help here when you needed, even if you donā€™t like it.

Back