Off Topic Snarks are friends, not food!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to brag a little bit. As I posted earlier the area where my Daughter and grandkids are, got hit hard Thursday night by a tornado. My granddaughter is in a cadet firefighter program. She will be 15 Monday. She was a the fire station 10 minutes after the storm cleared enough to get out doing anything she could to help freeing up the adults to get out helping. She didn't get home until 1:00 AM . Today she was running with convoy of hope handing out supplies and meals and guiding the out of town volunteers.
My daughter is a social worker and is out putting her skills to work. My grandson is doing what he can but at 11 he can't volunteer as much.
My daughter and grandkids are out making a difference 😎 and proving I did something right
# proud dad
#proud Papaw

Starting down the hot pepper, rabbit hole trail. πŸŽ‹
~~
I picked up my first molcajete last week, shipped out of Los Angeles. Claimed to be hand made in Mexico from lava rock, I took the YT night class of breaking it in, so as to use it in my new side hobby of salsa making. I'll get into my own chip frying later, but for now, my own salsa is challenge enough! The punch line in making salsa seems to be in accounting for one's taste in hot peppers.
I never have enjoyed the taste of jalapenos, but serranos agree with me more. They are said to be hotter than jalapenos.
I never have been crazy for hot peppery food. But salsa is just a side dish, an appetizer. So, a little 'heat' ain't bad.
~~
This rabbit hole runs deep, there are more than 2 kinds of hot peppers! (Taking it from "Smokin'" Ed Currie.)
Yea, That guy!

Last edited:
tough call -- poblano is the tastiest and most versatile, anaheim is a solid second.
Jalapeno is a close third for versatility (smoked mature 'penos are commonly called chipotle)
Hungarians are also tasty & versatile.
and then there's the purple globe ornamentals and bird peppers -- easy to grow, good flavor, decent heat, and can be used in a variety of ways depending on maturity.

if you want to make your peppers hotter, add sulfur to the soil or plant them mixed in with your onions.

Ordered a new r/c truck today. Be here Friday. Been too dang windy to fly, so I'll drive instead, haha. 1:16 scale.

71KCjSUEJ3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I'm off on another tangent with hot-(ter than my usual) salsa. Guacamole is on deck, chips are in the hole.
I've got a variety of sweet pepper seeds on order from 3 different sources. Anaheim's and Jimmy Nardello's are inbound from Missouri I believe and the fine folks at Baker Creek Heirloom seeds.
~~
In the meantime, and I intend the pun "mean"-time, I've just arrived from the produce section, again, with more ammo for the salsa arsenal to include Seniors Jalapeno, Serrano and Habanero.
~~
And, because I like you folks, I'm gonna add a link to some Cowboy Kent goodness I can at least dream of.

Last edited:
I'm off on another tangent with hot-(ter than my usual) salsa. Guacamole is on deck, chips are in the hole.
I've got a variety of sweet pepper seeds on order from 3 different sources. Anaheim's and Jimmy Nardello's are inbound from Missouri I believe and the fine folks at Baker Creek Heirloom seeds.
~~
In the meantime, and I intend the pun "mean"-time, I've just arrived from the produce section, again, with more ammo for the salsa arsenal to include Seniors Jalapeno, Serrano and Habanero.
~~
And, because I like you folks, I'm gonna add a link to some Cowboy Kent goodness I can at least dream of.

Love me some good habanero hot sauce!
Also (hot) Hatch green chiles....

better than suffering for the next 3 months THEN getting the surgery.
True , but it is not much time to get paperwork for short term disability and FMLA in. I was not scheduled to work until Tuesday night but I have a pre-op appointment early Wednesday morning and surgery Thursday so probably won't work until again until late June. Last time I had surgery every knife I use was razor sharp by the time I went back to work

My wife was on the phone with our daughter. She was telling our daughter that I was planning on rearranging the extra bedroom that I use to sleep during the day (work nights) to make it easier to get around on crutches for the upcoming surgery. My grandkids volunteered to come down and carry stuff upstairs and downstairs for me. 😁

Trying my hand at smoked queso tonight. I made some a couple years ago that wasn't as good as I had hoped. Decided I should give it another try. It's getting Velveeta, pepper jack, cream cheese, Rotel, Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage, and some seasoning.

Somebody needs to start a new snark thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back