Photos So I gave an axe company a chance.

shaving sharp

Gold Member
I found this company that was new to me but maybe I am late to the game. The company is Strongway Tools. They are located in Ukraine. I was impressed by their web page and the design of their ASH handle axes. Hardened polished poll nice looking handles. The covers and leather wrap were included. I have to say I could not be happier with what I received! Beautiful workmanship and handle fitting. Took a while to get them but there was good communication along the way. Have not used them yet but can’t wait to give them a try. There are many other configurations on the web page axes and hatchets.

IMG_9920.jpegIMG_9921.pngIMG_9922.pngIMG_9923.pngIMG_9924.pngIMG_9925.png

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear it, but...

... I think for me, this is the key part.
Let us know how they work.

Details would also be nice.
weight, length... those kinds of things.
Check the web page specs are listed for each axe. Length, weight, edge dimension it’s all there. These are a #6 and #8 axes.
17 and 21 inch handles.

Looks like a US company who gets their stuff made in Ukraine.
From their website ~

"STRONGWAY TOOLS, L.L.C. is a Ukrainian-American company that is a taxpayer of the United States of America.
Our manufactory is located in Ukraine, at the same time we have a warehouse in the USA."

It was pretty clear that there is a strong connection to Ukraine during my communication with them. When I ordered my axes there was one shown on the web page with a very nice hand carved handle with a wildlife scene on it. I enquired about ordering one and they told me that they were not available to order because the man who carved the handles was off fighting in the war. They have since removed them from the web page.

I found this company that was new to me but maybe I am late to the game. The company is Strongway Tools. They are located in Ukraine. I was impressed by their web page and the design of their ASH handle axes. Hardened polished poll nice looking handles. The covers and leather wrap were included. I have to say I could not be happier with what I received! Beautiful workmanship and handle fitting. Took a while to get them but there was good communication along the way. Have not used them yet but can’t wait to give them a try. There are many other configurations on the web page axes and hatchets.

View attachment 2536184View attachment 2536174View attachment 2536177View attachment 2536179View attachment 2536182View attachment 2536183
looking good

I sure am glad to see this post about STRONGWAY TOOLS. About 9 months ago I purchased a Micro Carving Axe With Octagonal Handle, Pocket Axe, from them. I wanted to support the brave people of the Ukraine in their fight for freedom. They are truly on the front line in the fight for Democracy. I AM VERY IMPRESSED WITH THIS LITTLE AXE/ HATCHET. It is not like I do not have a lot of axes already, but, I wanted a small carving axe for shaping riven sticks into hafts, bowls, spoons, sculpture, etc. The size, weight, geometry (I like to get my hand comfortably behind the blade and push the edge thru the wood) are just right in my opinion, and what's not to like about 52100 steel at HRC-58-59. The sheath is also very well made. If you want to see the one I got go to ETSY and type Micro Carving Axe with Octagonal Handle for pictures and specs. I always carry a pocket knife and now I also carry a pocket axe in my Carhartt work shorts in my shop and working with my fruit trees. THUMBS UP to STRONGWAY TOOLS, from Hawaii.
Bernie

Last edited:
I have a Marble Bison knife that is made of 52100 steel and it is an exellent knife. Congrats on your purchase! Any other axes made with this steel now? Dog

I sure am glad to see this post about STRONGWAY TOOLS. About 9 months ago I purchased a Micro Carving Axe With Octagonal Handle, Pocket Axe, from them. I wanted to support the brave people of the Ukraine in their fight for freedom. They are truly on the front line in the fight for Democracy. I AM VERY IMPRESSED WITH THIS LITTLE AXE/ HATCHET. It is not like I do not have a lot of axes already, but, I wanted a small carving axe for shaping riven sticks into hafts, bowls, spoons, sculpture, etc. The size, weight, geometry (I like to get my hand comfortably behind the blade and push the edge thru the wood) are just right in my opinion, and what's not to like about 52100 steel at HRC-58-59. The sheath is also very well made. If you want to see the one I got go to ETSY and type Micro Carving Axe with Octagonal Handle for pictures and specs. I always carry a pocket knife and now I also carry a pocket axe in my Carhartt work shorts in my shop and working with my fruit trees. THUMBS UP to STRONGWAY TOOLS, from Hawaii.
Bernie
I've been looking at this brand since just recently hearing of them but wasn't sure about actually buying one. Your endorsement clinches it for me, thank you.

My life long interest in axes, hatchets, adzes and early hand tools is what formed my working career. My primary interest is--do they work correctly for the project at hand , from felling trees to wood carving. Some of my axes have become very collectable, but, if they did not do the job, I would not keep them.

So, let us know what you think after you use your purchase from STRONGWAY TOOLS. I am currently waiting for two (a straight and a curved edge) matching small carving adzes with octagonal hafts. After I use them I will also report in.
Bernie
PS- Please do not tell my wife I am still buying chopping tools !

Those are stunningly beautiful

Back