Sodbuster Jr.

I like them. A lot. Not too big. Not too small. Nice and thin. Perfect pocket fit.

Ej2wMGQ.jpeg

I've told this story before, but...

I bought this Sodbuster Jr. from a friend, back around 1978, when I was in college. I paid him $5.00 for it. It's been terribly abused. There were bulletin boards in the dorm rooms, and we used this knife as a throwing knife. There is no telling how many times we bounced it off the bulletin board, and onto the floor. Since then, it's been riding around in the toolbox I keep in my truck. I pulled it out and cleaned it up a while back. Gave the pivot pin a few taps with a punch, and that tightened it up. Finished it off with a good sharpening.

And now, it's ready for another 45 years of abuse. :)

original.jpg

One knife case gets right more often than not
Been after a Jr in delrin with cv. But comparing it to my saks and the saks on order I fear it's superfluous atm

One knife case gets right more often than not
That's the truth. Also the easiest to fix your self if it develops a wobble just like Triple_D did above. They often have the best jigged bone. IMO at lest.

Pocket knives are such versatile tools! I always carry one with me for a variety of tasks, from opening packages to minor repairs. I currently use the Benchmade Mini Griptilian and it has proven to be fantastic in terms of durability and sharpness.

Imagine if they made a sheep foot or preferably a lambs foot variant! They don’t put tips on them anyway, might as well just make one that way on purpose.

They are very nice designs that cut well and affordably, most of mine have been pretty rough out of the box, but that’s ok, I don’t mind a bit of tinkering, a pointier tip would be nice though. A lambfoot would be the bees knees.

I like my Gumfuddy SB Jr. With look of real jigged bone but synthetic material.

Saw those at the NRA show on Friday. Silly as it sounds, probably my favorite folder I saw there. The stags with the high polish blade, just beautiful. Prices around the show were no better than online prices. Disappointing, but a cool show nonetheless.

Back