• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Sold, Twenty Basic 5 Field Knives

In please if any above me drop out. Black canvas please.

Last edited:
Reactions: afr
Natural micarta please, if I can squeak in on this one. Thank you kindly

Last edited:
Due to limited availably at this time, please limit your order to one per post.

This new run of our classic Field Knife pattern is a fantastic and well thought out tool knife with a best-in-class balance of cutting ability, durability and edge retention. The blade and grip are well thought out and will perform in the many grips used by a tradesman, and bush crafter. This is an excellent value for a high quality cutting tool that will perform reliably for a lifetime with well above average durability and edge retention.

g5sCESz.jpg

(picture used without permission)

Specs:
CPM 3V, Delta Heat treat protocol, 60.5 HRC, .188" thick at ricasso, sharpened 20 DPS.
Total length 10.4"
Blade length 5.5"
Weight 10.2 oz
Grippy 3D machined scales in your choice of black or natural micarta
18-8 stainless steel fasteners

Mashed Cat sheaths with semi rigid drop loop are custom made for these knives and are well designed and well made. TecLok available upon request.

Here's a video of the original Basic 5 doing stuff:

The new Basic 5 has a few minor tweaks.
The signature location is changed
The sharpening notch is tweaked
The primary grinds are a little thinner (the OG was developed for Amazon, this second production run is for you guys)
The primary grinds are finished to a higher standard than the OG build (again, this second run is for you guys)

These are all field grade, milled, ground and tumbled with tool and grind marks.

$350 in canvas micarta, black or natural.

To place an order stake your claim in this thread and Jo will contact you to finalize your order. If you don't hear from her by mid week next week, contact her at jocarothers at g mail dought com

^folks who are posting here to purchase a knife that don't have an email listed in their profile and also aren't set up to get PM's (because they don't have a gold membership), Jo can't contact you so you will need to send her an email

If sales tax is due (due to your location) your order will be discounted so the total is the same as everybody else.

Shipping is already built into the price (BF policy) but if you get more than one the additional shipping will be deducted from your total.

Since these are being built to order it can take a few weeks to get everybody shipped.

Our next sale will be in person at the Atlanta Blade Show

Come back here after Blade show for some more Field Knives.

Thank you. Jo, Mark, Bo, Ben, Carl, Travis, Tanto and I appreciate you.

Sadie dog does not. Sadie is the worst.

66TMksw.jpg

BTW, we have a website that we post some old inventory on sometimes if anybody is interested. https://carothersknives.com/shop/

I'm starting to sell some of the high concentration diamond stropping shmoo that I use to strop every CPK and also the competition choppers with an unprecedented number of Blade sport wins including multiple championships. It's special, it works and I'm going to start selling it on our website. information here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ion-diamond-shmoo-stropping-compound.1986024/

It's $50 if you want to add it to your order.
I

Damn, was optimistic for a success on my first try šŸ¤£

Last edited:
Congrats to the winners. If on the slim chance there's a pass down, I'd love one in natural micarta.

Last edited:
Reactions: afr
Fack. Have been for this particular sale for a while. Canā€™t believe I missed it entirely, somehow.

Wow your sales move fast. Wish I could have seen this earlier.

Back