Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

Yes sir. I'd been looking at similar knives like Puma and Henckels but they were hundreds of dollars. During my search this popped up and knowing Maniago had a good reputation I took a chance. The first one i received had a terribly off center blade and average stag. I returned it because of the blade and the seller kindly exchanged it. I got lucky because as you can see, this stag is outstanding and the blade is dead center. It does have a recurve as Jeff @black mamba has pointed out, but that is acceptable to me.
Thanks for the info, Alan, and congrats! You ended up with an outstanding knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

5K Qs 5K Qs Thanks GT, it was sold to me as Père David Stag, but it's thick&grooved and looks and feels like Sambar to me. It was vey white at first but the notorious tea-bath gave very good colour, then a polish with furniture wax. :)

EPkwa1T.jpg

A Henckels

Outstanding stag! 😲 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Love the buttery color of the stag on that vintage pair, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Lotta stag on that BIG coke bottle, Jim! :cool::thumbsup:🤓
When I was a kid, it was a special treat if my 2 younger brothers and I each got our own 16 oz. bottle of Coke after a long day of baling hay!

I really like that blade combo of full-size clip and spear on same end! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
But I'm drawing a blank on what the pattern is called...?

The only stag I've carried this week is this Schrade-Wostenholm I*XL canoe (thanks, cchu518 cchu518 )

- GT

Back