Started a run of Mike’s Knives today

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Started a run of the Mike’s Knife design today! Three will be black G10, two natural canvas Micarta, and one maroon Micarta. The long blank is stupid thick(3/8) and long version that’ll get black G10. I’m not the best at documenting my progress but I’ll try and update this thread as I can.

View attachment 1921793View attachment 1921794

I don’t give dimensions till completion. The blade isn’t ground at all yet. It’s just a blank at this time. Eventually it’ll be a high saber or full flat grind. I won’t decide till I lean into on the grinder :)

I'm holding-out for a decently long 1/4" low saber. I was pretty quick on your last "Camp Chopper", but it was just too close to my Fikes-inspired Camp Knife. So, I passed.

I'd love a Camp Mistress, but just haven't been fast enough and know they wreak havoc on you.

When the sheaths are done, they’ll all be for sale at $300 each. The top one is a sweet combat style and is .200 thick, 12oz, 11 5/8in overall, and 6 9/16in blade. The Mike’s Knives are 1/4in thick, 8oz, approx 9 1/2in overall, and approx 4 7/8in blades. All are 5160. The Mike’s have tapered tangs. The combat style does not. The combat style has black G10 scales. On the Mike’s I made one maroon Micarta, one natural Micarta, and three black G10.

Back