• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

How To Win Friends and Influence People, by … whoever you are. How about making an attempt to explain what’s actually good about this outfit instead of turning the whole forum against yourself with nonsensical and antagonistic posts.
I'm not here to explain what is good- the thing people are talking about is my videos which explained my hopes about the company- hopes that were built by what can plainly be seen- proof of which I shouldn't have to post from public sources but I will anyways-

Not that this particular band of people who are hounding me want to see any proof of change, they only want to feel justified in rabid complaint.

I have never claimed that people have no reason to be irritated with Survive!, I have never claimed no wrong had been done or that Survive had fixed everything- I did quite the opposite in fact- but saying that I did those things makes these people feel better.

Either it was you or it was YouTube but I most definitely had some of my comments removed. You also admitted that you make some comments completely invisible which is essentially the same as deleting them. I recall you implying I was lying about guy previously posting up his completed vs outstanding orders and now taking it down from his site. Seems that comment chain must be “invisible,” now. Care to read back through this thread and eat crow?
Once again you have difficulties reading.

I said I ban people from commenting on the channel- which I explained there as I guess I will here dumps ALL a person's comments. Usually I only do this for paid trolls.

This thread is not proof of what you claimed, which was "Thousands of currently unfulfilled orders"

We are having a failure to communicate here. For the sake of being decent I'm acting like the failure to communicate isn't purposeful on your end.

This thread is not proof of what you claimed, which was "Thousands of currently unfulfilled orders"
All we know is what Survive has posted for their numbers. If there aren't "thousands of currently unfulfilled orders", then there's something wrong with their production output. Because if it was only a few hundred orders, they should have caught up by now.

It's also not a good look that they removed the Production Updates from their homepage.

WlFdMVF.jpeg

All we know is what Survive has posted for their numbers. If there aren't "thousands of currently unfulfilled orders", then there's something wrong with their production output. Because if it was only a few hundred orders, they should have caught up by now.

It's also not a good look that they removed the Production Updates from their homepage.

WlFdMVF.jpeg
Since all we, or you know is outdated information then to understand how many orders they DID have, followed by how many orders they "must have now" due to how long it has taken you must have an in depth understanding of manufacturing.

What is your knife brand?

Since all we, or you know is outdated information then to understand how many orders they DID have, followed by how many orders they "must have now" due to how long it has taken you must have an in depth understanding of manufacturing.
How much of an understanding of manufacturing do I need to know that Survive is almost a decade behind on their orders? How much of an understanding of the knife business do I need to know that being blackballed by a steel distributor isn't good? How much of an understanding of the knife business do I need to know about to know that Survive is one of the few companies on the Hall of Shame sticky on BF?

None. But I know that Survive has stated multiple times that they're "almost caught up" with their orders. Let's revisit Survive's production in 3 months and see where we're at.

Once again you have difficulties reading.

I said I ban people from commenting on the channel- which I explained there as I guess I will here dumps ALL a person's comments. Usually I only do this for paid trolls.

We are having a failure to communicate here. For the sake of being decent I'm acting like the failure to communicate isn't purposeful on your end.
Once again you claim I just don’t understand your point due to some supposed lack of reading comprehension on my end. Here is your exact quote when responding to me asking if you removed some of my comments:

“And I don’t delete comments but I do occasionally make morons comments entirely invisible. Of course once that happens they all disappear.”

I don’t run a YouTube channel or know exactly how deleting and hiding comments works. This quote doesn’t automatically imply what you think it does, especially when I’m reading it as a response to me asking about my own missing comments. It doesn’t reassure me that my missing comments weren’t deleted or hidden by you when I asked if it was you or YouTube deleting my posts… I read it as you can choose comments to make invisible and that could make any replies to it also invisible, as I’m not familiar with YouTube UI.

What other point did you try to claim I misunderstood, again? Oh yeah, you’re hung up on the fact that guy has gso 12’s with handles now…so that means all the backlog is about to be delivered. Never mind I brought up multiple 3 year old videos where he is claiming how they’re built and being sharpened and going to be finished up within a few month.

You also said I’m not a credible source when I asked you about Guy’s own order progress tracking. You also accused me of dodging questions, but wouldn’t answer which question and you continued to deflect from answering my questions. Nice projection, shill.

Shill: a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.

You are deflecting so hard. Those numbers go all the way up to mid February 2024 and you’re acting like it’s too outdated to even look at LOL. Fucking shill

Wow. You are either a shill that has decided to sell your integrity to support a known liar or just incredibly stupid. Given you BS comments about not deleting comments, I am going with the former.

S!K has been developing their horrible reputation for a decade, and I don't see you presenting any evidence that things are changing for the better.

Once again you claim I just don’t understand your point due to some supposed lack of reading comprehension on my end. Here is your exact quote when responding to me asking if you removed some of my comments:

“And I don’t delete comments but I do occasionally make morons comments entirely invisible. Of course once that happens they all disappear.”

I don’t run a YouTube channel or know exactly how deleting and hiding comments works. This quote doesn’t automatically imply what you think it does, especially when I’m reading it as a response to me asking about my own missing comments. It doesn’t reassure me that my missing comments weren’t deleted or hidden by you when I asked if it was you or YouTube deleting my posts… I read it as you can choose comments to make invisible and that could make any replies to it also invisible, as I’m not familiar with YouTube UI.

What other point did you try to claim I misunderstood, again? Oh yeah, you’re hung up on the fact that guy has gso 12’s with handles now…so that means all the backlog is about to be delivered. Never mind I brought up multiple 3 year old videos where he is claiming how they’re built and being sharpened and going to be finished up within a few month.

You also said I’m not a credible source when I asked you about Guy’s own order progress tracking. You also accused me of dodging questions, but wouldn’t answer which question and you continued to deflect from answering my questions. Nice projection, shill.

Shill: a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.
So firstly you confirm that you have a reading comprehension problem as what I said and what it means as you quoted is very, VERY simple.

Then you went on to continue to misinterpret, at best, what I said. I say at best because it isn't even close to what was said.

It SHOULD be clear given that little tid bit why we are having a failure to communicate.

There isn't a single question that you asked that I dodged- that's not what I do which should be evident here. There is not a single question that you asked that I deflected. There are quite clearly entire segments of absolutely plain English writing which you do not have the capacity to understand.

As for your definition of a shill at the end- the only thing I have publicized for reasons of self interest are my own businesses- but you can't shill for yourself. I have never 1 time profited from video from any brand or manufacture, and to wrap that up- I'm not making videos for Jon- I know things are hard for you to understand but I bought my first survive knife and did my first 2 videos before Jon had become part owner of the brand. I actually just sent Jon a message explaining that my belief that he is going to help the brand does come with expectations and if those expectations aren't met ill be the first in line to say it.

Because that is how I do it. 10 years and hundreds of videos telling the honest truth as best as I see it in the most objective light possible.

And for 10 years those who are the least objective have had the most to say about it. That's how it goes. If I cared about people who watch YouTube videos for confirmation bias or comforting lies I would make content for them.

I dont.

Wow. You are either a shill that has decided to sell your integrity to support a known liar or just incredibly stupid. Given you BS comments about not deleting comments, I am going with the former.

S!K has been developing their horrible reputation for a decade, and I don't see you presenting any evidence that things are changing for the better.
Nothing like, oh, I don't know

The company has had a new owner purchase a large potion of the brand and who is now actively working in the floor and making changes?

I would think that would be a little something but hey-

Some people don't want answers or solutions, they just want to watching things burn. 🤷‍♂️

As for not deleting comments- I wouldn't be publicly judging people's intellectual capacity when you can't understand what was very, VERY plainly explained about muting people. I have muted a few dingle berries on this video, current company included, because they are good for the analytics. It would literally hurt my videos performance to mute the frothing at the mouth lunatics- so I let yall hang around.

Argue points of information and facts. Continuing personal insults and attacks will lead to both thread bans and warnings.

If you want to continue participating here...take it down a notch. This goes for everyone.

You are deflecting so hard. Those numbers go all the way up to mid February 2024 and you’re acting like it’s too outdated to even look at LOL. Fucking shill
"Those numbers"

As we have already concluded you have difficulty with reading comprehension but the numbers posted are percentages without any key-

Like a graph without x and y annotated they mean nothing. If you have the ability post some number that actually mean something 🤣🤣🤣

Nothing like, oh, I don't know

The company has had a new owner purchase a large potion of the brand and who is now actively working in the floor and making changes?

I would think that would be a little something but hey-

Some people don't want answers or solutions, they just want to watching things burn. 🤷‍♂️

As for not deleting comments- I wouldn't be publicly judging people's intellectual capacity when you can't understand what was very, VERY plainly explained about muting people. I have muted a few dingle berries on this video, current company included, because they are good for the analytics. It would literally hurt my videos performance to mute the frothing at the mouth lunatics- so I let yall hang around.
There has been literally zero communication from Survive about a change in ownership, or outside investment in the venture. And especially no communication as to what that would mean for people waiting 8 years for a knife. Bringing on another employee like Tyler, or that guy they brought on just to sharpen knives, or the person that was supposed to handle customer service and emails, does nothing to convince any one of us still waiting for product that that product is forthcoming.

If Survive isn't paying you, or giving you free product, then you have no reason to sing their praises. We know how they throttle comments on Youtube, and how comments are turned off on their social media posts. No other knifemaker I follow does such a thing. It's at best suspicious that suddenly another content creator has started driving "preorder" sales while buyers continue to wait for their knife. We all know how people in this community shill for Olight, or Palmetto State Armory, or ArcTeryx. The signs are there and we've all gotten far too familiar with them.

Like a graph without x and y annotated they mean nothing. If you have the ability post some number that actually mean something 🤣🤣🤣
You don't need the exact numbers to reach conclusions. There has been little to no progress on pre-2022 orders in the last year. That's based on the percentages given by Survive. Survive was also taking new orders, which resulted in percentage of completed orders decreasing.

You don't need the exact numbers to reach conclusions. There has been little to no progress on pre-2022 orders in the last year. That's based on the percentages given by Survive. Survive was also taking new orders, which resulted in percentage of completed orders decreasing.
And this still doesn't explain how they are so far behind on 3V orders, when the magnacut issue is the reason why production halted 2 years ago.

"Those numbers"

As we have already concluded you have difficulty with reading comprehension but the numbers posted are percentages without any key-

Oh boy, where to start.

So you’ve switched gears from saying the data is outdated, to trying to nitpick your definition of the word “numbers” as having to specify the exact number of orders. You do know percentages are numbers, right? Once again you deflect from addressing anything directly.

Since he didn’t list the exact numbers for total orders, but instead he listed percentages, all of a sudden I should throw out the data entirely? I can’t judge how much percentages are changing? What’s it matter if he can’t fulfill a couple hundred or a couple thousand of each model after all this time? He is still screwing people over and has been lying to them repeatedly the entire time. He still will fight you going for a refund and has stated as such. Swell guy.

Is your argument that you think Guy doesn’t owe many (maybe you’re even implying it’s only a handful or insignificant amount of) old orders, but has just for some reason been unable to finish said small amount after years of sitting on the material and money? What’s his excuse? What has he been doing in his shop since he’s been uploading YouTube videos the past 3+ years saying he’s working all these hours catching up and about to clear the back log?

I’ve asked you a few times now why guy might have removed this information from his site, but you deflect every time. I never mentioned anything about overall numbers; that was you arguing with another guy. Nice reading comprehension and logic to snake your way around any direct argument, though. Imagine equating a graph in percentages to a graph without x and y annotated.

I and many others here have seen the graphs posted by guy himself, and read the descriptions he posted along with it as updates. I watched guy go from updating this information to recently removing it after failing to keep it updated. The graph clearly shows total orders broken down by complete vs outstanding, and shows a long and telling history of survive. That you can’t extrapolate anything from the graph speaks more about you than I guess you know.

There has been literally zero communication from Survive about a change in ownership, or outside investment in the venture. And especially no communication as to what that would mean for people waiting 8 years for a knife. Bringing on another employee like Tyler, or that guy they brought on just to sharpen knives, or the person that was supposed to handle customer service and emails, does nothing to convince any one of us still waiting for product that that product is forthcoming.

If Survive isn't paying you, or giving you free product, then you have no reason to sing their praises. We know how they throttle comments on Youtube, and how comments are turned off on their social media posts. No other knifemaker I follow does such a thing. It's at best suspicious that suddenly another content creator has started driving "preorder" sales while buyers continue to wait for their knife. We all know how people in this community shill for Olight, or Palmetto State Armory, or ArcTeryx. The signs are there and we've all gotten far too familiar with them.
That's the irony-

I'm not singing survive's praises.

I found out that they were getting knives in stock and at a good price. I had always avoided the brand. I bought one. It IS really nice- that is singing praises but it's nothing new, everyone knows it.

I saw people on the Facebook group getting their knives, I have friends getting their knives, and some that haven't still of course.

I made videos about what I saw because I thought it was interesting.

Then a group of individuals here started hounding me and putting words into my mouth. 🤷‍♂️

And Survive hasn't publicly talked about the change because they are doing crazy hours- I know that because I know Jon, and that's why I talked about it in my video, which is the context of the latter part of this thread.

Oh boy, where to start.

So you’ve switched gears from saying the data is outdated, to trying to nitpick your definition of the word “numbers” as having to specify the exact number of orders. You do know percentages are numbers, right? Once again you deflect from addressing anything directly.

Since he didn’t list the exact numbers for total orders, but instead he listed percentages, all of a sudden I should throw out the data entirely? I can’t judge how much percentages are changing? What’s it matter if he can’t fulfill a couple hundred or a couple thousand of each model after all this time? He is still screwing people over and has been lying to them repeatedly the entire time. He still will fight you going for a refund and has stated as such. Swell guy.

Is your argument that you think Guy doesn’t owe many (maybe you’re even implying it’s only a handful or insignificant amount of) old orders, but has just for some reason been unable to finish said small amount after years of sitting on the material and money? What’s his excuse? What has he been doing in his shop since he’s been uploading YouTube videos the past 3+ years saying he’s working all these hours catching up and about to clear the back log?

I’ve asked you a few times now why guy might have removed this information from his site, but you deflect every time. I never mentioned anything about overall numbers; that was you arguing with another guy. Nice reading comprehension and logic to snake your way around any direct argument, though. Imagine equating a graph in percentages to a graph without x and y annotated.

I and many others here have seen the graphs posted by guy himself, and read the descriptions he posted along with it as updates. I watched guy go from updating this information to recently removing it after failing to keep it updated. The graph clearly shows total orders broken down by complete vs outstanding, and shows a long and telling history of survive. That you can’t extrapolate anything from the graph speaks more about you than I guess you know.
I'm not reading all of that because in the first paragraph you have already shown that you have no idea what's going on.

Yes percentages are numbers but you have to know what the percentages represent to know what the numbers mean- information lacking on your graphic.

If I tell a random stranger that only 30% of bladeforums are users and the rest are bots as far as they know that could mean there are 3 numbers or their are 300,000,000.

This isn't deflection, it is absolute common sense going back to the original point in a response to your assertion that there are currently thousands of unfulfilled orders- you have absolutely nothing to substantiate that claim, and I continue to be unsure if you ever realize what that means.

So firstly you confirm that you have a reading comprehension problem as what I said and what it means as you quoted is very, VERY simple.

Then you went on to continue to misinterpret, at best, what I said. I say at best because it isn't even close to what was said.

It SHOULD be clear given that little tid bit why we are having a failure to communicate.

There isn't a single question that you asked that I dodged- that's not what I do which should be evident here. There is not a single question that you asked that I deflected. There are quite clearly entire segments of absolutely plain English writing which you do not have the capacity to understand.

As for your definition of a shill at the end- the only thing I have publicized for reasons of self interest are my own businesses- but you can't shill for yourself. I have never 1 time profited from video from any brand or manufacture, and to wrap that up- I'm not making videos for Jon- I know things are hard for you to understand but I bought my first survive knife and did my first 2 videos before Jon had become part owner of the brand. I actually just sent Jon a message explaining that my belief that he is going to help the brand does come with expectations and if those expectations aren't met ill be the first in line to say it.

Because that is how I do it. 10 years and hundreds of videos telling the honest truth as best as I see it in the most objective light possible.

And for 10 years those who are the least objective have had the most to say about it. That's how it goes. If I cared about people who watch YouTube videos for confirmation bias or comforting lies I would make content for them.

I dont.
Here’s a list of a few of the questions I asked you that you failed to even acknowledge:
What is survives rating with the better business bureau?

What would all of Guy’s past business partners have to say about him?

Have you considered contacting the PA DA to see if they have an opinion on survive?

What does the knife community at this forum and the big bushcraft forum think of survive?

Why did guy remove his outstanding orders page?

What is your excuse for guy sitting on 9 year old 3v orders while pumping out new models? I also asked if you could explain why I should care what you say about gso 12s about to ship since you saw some completed blades, when I pointed out 3 year old videos of guy saying how they were in sharpening/wrapping up/x months etc. I asked you to when acknowledge the videos.

Would you ever have 9 year old orders? 5 year? 3? How many years is too long on a stock removal mid tech knife?

Funny you keep mentioning my reading comprehension when you (act like you?) can’t even understand how you’re shilling. You yourself said Jon was a friend, and I know you supposedly value honor. Obviously you feel some friendship to Jon and some brotherly duty to defend his honor. You’re shilling Survive because your friend heavily invested in them and you want to believe he will turn it around, all the while refusing to actually look into this guy character. He is a bold faced liar but you would rather just talk about how survive is turning ship now and dismiss the very knife communities you pretend to represent.

That's the irony-

I'm not singing survive's praises.

I found out that they were getting knives in stock and at a good price. I had always avoided the brand. I bought one. It IS really nice- that is singing praises but it's nothing new, everyone knows it.

I saw people on the Facebook group getting their knives, I have friends getting their knives, and some that haven't still of course.

I made videos about what I saw because I thought it was interesting.

Then a group of individuals here started hounding me and putting words into my mouth. 🤷‍♂️

And Survive hasn't publicly talked about the change because they are doing crazy hours- I know that because I know Jon, and that's why I talked about it in my video, which is the context of the latter part of this thread.
You aren't associated in any way with the company, and that's fine. But to have a company for years talk about transparency and honesty and then make a huge change (I would argue larger than the move back from Idaho), and expect all of us to get the news from some rando on YouTube is just a little baffling.

Also, there's no proof that Survive is working crazy hours to get knives out the door. Pardon me if I just don't believe it after following this company since 2015. There is no difference to me in you saying it, or Guy saying it, or Ellie saying it.

Back