Survive! GSO 4 Limited Edition Regrind

I thought that the 4le had a different sheath it was supposed to come with? Iirc the one they pictured with the original order were different. I have that exact sheath for my old spec 4.1

You're right, here is the pic of the sheath they have for the orders

FullSizeRender__60380.1480032089.jpg

The 4le has a different Sagewood sheath, that one of Chirals is the standard 1st gen 4.1 sheath [ very nice btw ].
The new one has a paracord wrap of some kind and looks a bit different from the picture that was on the store site.

Is that the sheath the 4 came with?

Sorry guys, this is not the sheath that comes with the 4-Limited, it is not a 4.1 sheath either (although very close to the old model 4.1). I don't like the scout sheaths as much as this version so I ordered my 4-Limited without a sheath and then ordered this sheath for the 4-Limited direct from Sagewood.
Brian can do a lot of different stuff and this sheath is also now listed on his site. http://sagewoodgear.com/leather-she...survive-knives-gso4-limited-prs-scout-sheath/
Anyway, awesome guy to work with and amazing quality workmanship!!!

The seconds of the GSO 4 Limited are still available, but it looks like they don't come with a sheath?

I just went to the web site for
GSO-4 Limited Factory 2nd
and was not able to purchase. The Web still says Sale but there are no buttons to facilitate a purchase.
Is it "game over" for purchasing these knives?

I just went to the web site for
GSO-4 Limited Factory 2nd
and was not able to purchase. The Web still says Sale but there are no buttons to facilitate a purchase.

Is it "game over" for purchasing these knives?
That's what it looks like to me, but I know Fancier Fancier keeps a closer eye on the production schedule. Maybe he could weigh in on the recent trends and maybe point to more being offered soon.

Survive lists the GSO 4 LTD as "in production" without any offered for sale.
With a limited edition knife it is hard to predict if there will be any excess inventory or additional seconds offered once the orders are filled.

I ordered mine one month ago ,I hope I get it ! GSO4 F2 LTD
I have a preorder for the Bushcraft But I did that a very long time ago !

Haven't paid too much attention to this. Been on the back burner, but when checking on some other preorders......from other makers......I noticed Nov 9th will be one year (prepaid)....Hmmmm?

Haven't paid too much attention to this. Been on the back burner, but when checking on some other preorders......from other makers......I noticed Nov 9th will be one year (prepaid)....Hmmmm?
Hi Georgecatl Georgecatl ,
Can’t give you a timeline on this, but the delays have been discussed extensively on other threads with respect to other models.
I think many of us feel that certain changes have been put into place that make us hopeful that we’ll be receiving our knives in the not too distant future. I believe the LTDs have been ground (i haven’t been following this model so closely because I didn’t order one) along with the regular 4.1s, 2.7s and 7/7s with work being done on each alternately, so hopefully you’ll get yours “soon”, too.

Hi Georgecatl Georgecatl ,
Can’t give you a timeline on this, but the delays have been discussed extensively on other threads with respect to other models.
I think many of us feel that certain changes have been put into place that make us hopeful that we’ll be receiving our knives in the not too distant future. I believe the LTDs have been ground (i haven’t been following this model so closely because I didn’t order one) along with the regular 4.1s, 2.7s and 7/7s with work being done on each alternately, so hopefully you’ll get yours “soon”, too.
I haven't been into Survive! knives much. I picked up a pre-owned 4.1 off the exchange, a 2.7 second ( that I received within 60 days) and was pleased with both. I jumped on the initial offering of their "GSO 4 Limited Edition Regrind" with a target date of May 2017.
I'm not oblivious to all the negative posts, but it wasn't a lot of money, so I thought I'd give it a shot. However, I put a one year time limit. I am simply noting 11/9 is one year and I hope as you've said and from the occasional Survive update....they're close. I didn't order a sheath, so in last update Ellie stated those orders should be filled soon.

Not that I know of.
I have sent an inquiry for a status update.

Let us know what you hear back :thumbsup: I don't think I have seen one of these "in the wild" yet. I have one pre-ordered as well as an F2 just in case one would arrive before the other ;)

I sent the inquiry thru the website. I received a response from Jordyn. I had asked for some definitive plan for delivery of knife previously targeted for May 2017.
No scheduled delivery.
I would have quoted her response, but I am traveling this week.

From the "Friday Production Update" received Saturday 12/2:
At the beginning of 2018, the SURVIVE! Workshop will begin working on larger batches of GSO-4 Limited blades, as the sheaths start arriving.

I ordered mine without sheath.....................In a previous update it was stated that orders not waiting on sheath would be fulfilled

Back