Sword ID Please

I really don't know what this is. Someone said it looks Japanese. Does anyone here know if this sword/machete is original and from what origin? No markings that I can tell. Thanks.
tE7JDQRl.jpg
ZxYi2REl.jpg
vQ75TqZl.jpg
O9iZ9TFl.jpg

Looks almost like a Japanese fish knife/sword. I think the legit name is Sakai Takayuki.

Last edited:
Can't say for certain. Doesn't look Japanese right off, but that doesn't mean it is not. It could be one of those fish knives, but if it is it is pretty low quality. The few I have seen were of a much higher quality. That is common though, take Nata, they made run of the mill stuff for the low classes and beautiful works for the samurai class.

Looks almost like a Japanese fish knife/sword. I think the legit name is Sakai Takayuki.
Sakai Takayuki is a brand name used by a well known knife maker in Sakai called Aoki Hamono (Cutlery).
Nothing to do with this particular knife.

The knife "may" be of Japanese origin, as it uses a partial tang with two pins, fairly common on low-end
cooking knives from the 1950s-60s. The blade profile "may" be the result of many years of use and sharpening.
The blade profile as it is now does not match any specific fish knife I am aware of, but there are so many in
Japan that one can not be 100% sure. Have never seen that type of bolster. Plus traditional Japanese fish knives are
always wa-handled. I think it's safe to say that it's not a sword, but likely a specific purpose culinary knife,

Last edited:
It looks like a traditional English weed slasher. They were tools used to trim hedges. Similar to a bank knife, bush axe or sling blade.

n2s

Last edited:
Yes, farm, garden, agricultural tool is another strong possibility.

Last edited:
Back